This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2012 2:12 AM by 937632 RSS

Creation of logic group - any limitation for the Criteria Value Field?

937632 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to create simple logic groups in FDM (version 11.1.1.3 and 11.1.2.1). However, an error message displayed in the information bar.

Error: Error adding new record.
Detail: Data access error.

I clicked the "Add" button and created a logic group which contains *1,520* non-sequential source accounts in the Criteria Value Field (with In operator).
I have separated these source accounts with a comma and no spaces in between them. (Note: Operator = x, Value/Exp = 1, Seq = 0) I updated the grid. Then, the error message was displayed and the logic group creation was failed.

And then, I created a new logic group which contains only *100* non-sequential source accounts in the Criteria Value Field (with In operator).
I also separated them with a comma, no spaces and same setting. I updated the grid. And the logic group was added successfully.

Each source account contains 10 characters (alphabet and/or number).

I want to ask:
1. Is there any limitation in specifying source accounts (i.e.. no more than certain number of source accounts for each logic group) in the Criteria Value Field when creating simple logic group?

2. I am adding these logic groups by clicking the "Add" button one by one, is there faster way to do it (i.e.. upload an excel or csv file or source accounts specified)?

Thank you very much!
  • 1. Re: Creation of logic group - any limitation for the Criteria Value Field?
    JeffJon Expert
    1. Is there any limitation in specifying source accounts (i.e.. no more than certain number of source accounts for each logic group) in the Criteria Value Field when creating simple logic group?

I woudl strongly recommened making your groups smaller. Over 1500 records in a single group is going to be too much for memory.

2. I am adding these logic groups by clicking the "Add" button one by one, is there faster way to do it (i.e.. upload an excel or csv file or source accounts specified)?

You could load the Logic Accounts with a template. Click the "export to excel" icon on the logic groups and the logic items to return the template format to use. You can then just update this Excel file, change the named range and import it back in.
  • 2. Re: Creation of logic group - any limitation for the Criteria Value Field?
    937632 Newbie
    Thank you Expert for your reply!

I would like to ask about loading the Logic Accounts with the template.

As instructed, I exported the excel out for the template format and updated the template with new Logic Accounts. Then, I imported the excel file in the "Import XLS" section under Tools. The excel file was uploaded successfully. (Note: I am using excel 2010 and saved it as .xls file)

However, there is no changes in the Logic Accounts and seem no updates was made.

I want to ask:
    1. Did I import the excel at the right location (i.e. "Import XLS" section under Tools)?
    2. Is there anything else I need to do after the file has been imported (i.e. delete the existing logic accounts or click another button(?) for this change) so the new list of logic accounts would become effective?

I would like to use excel to maintain my list of logic accounts for better control in the future.

Thanks in advance!
  • 3. Re: Creation of logic group - any limitation for the Criteria Value Field?
    JTF85 Journeyer
    Did you perform the update the named Range within the Excel file as the previous poster stated? When you import an Excel file using the import XLS function, only the named range(s) beginning with "ups" are actually loaded into the system. Note that at least in versions 9.3 and 11.1.1.3 there were also some hidden rows that had to be including that specify the header.

JTF
  • 4. Re: Creation of logic group - any limitation for the Criteria Value Field?
    937632 Newbie
    Yes! Thank you!

I re-defined the name range in the excel template and my complete list of logic accounts was uploaded properly. Thanks!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points