This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 12:46 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

H/W of Win7--> VirtBox--> OVM Serv --> EBS/lin64bit

935971 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
What is the best practice to follow if I have to install Virtualbox, OVM Serv, Linux, EBS, Weblogic,SOA, GRCC, GRCM etc. Should I create a separate partition for each and of what sizes ?

I got a desktop 8GB/1TB and laptop 4GB/500 GB + external 500GB. What should I install where for better performance. How much RAM should I allocate to Virtbox, OVM serv etc.
  • 1. Re: H/W of Win7--> VirtBox--> OVM Serv --> EBS/lin64bit
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    What is the best practice to follow if I have to install Virtualbox, OVM Serv, Linux, EBS, Weblogic,SOA, GRCC, GRCM etc. Should I create a separate partition for each and of what sizes ?
    It is better if you have separate partition for each VM.

For the size, it depends on what you are installing -- See the hardware requirements in the installation manual for each product for details.
    I got a desktop 8GB/1TB and laptop 4GB/500 GB + external 500GB. What should I install where for better performance. How much RAM should I allocate to Virtbox, OVM serv etc.
    Again, depends on each application you are installing -- See the hardware requirements in the installation manual for each product for details.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: H/W of Win7--> VirtBox--> OVM Serv --> EBS/lin64bit
    935971 Newbie
    Harware manuals dont tell if you should install VirtualBox on external or in6ternal drive or for that matter if I should install virtualbox on internal drive and ebs on external etc.

This only experienced people will know.
  • 3. Re: H/W of Win7--> VirtBox--> OVM Serv --> EBS/lin64bit
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    932968 wrote:
    Harware manuals dont tell if you should install VirtualBox on external or in6ternal drive or for that matter if I should install virtualbox on internal drive and ebs on external etc.

This only experienced people will know.
    Software "Product" manuals tell you how much memory and disk space you need.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points