3 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 12:44 PM by WSiebel-Oracle RSS

Steps to do change test on local server

user9059600
      I'm new to siebel .I need to do a some modification and run and test on local server.

I can login to siebel tools from local server but cannot compile and run the client.

May be need to do some settings .

Can anyone tell me the basic steps to follow to compile and run the client on locals erver ?
        • 1. Re: Steps to do change test on local server
          What is the error you got when you log into thick client and during compilation ?
          For your thick client look at your .cfg files. See your paremeter values are correct or not.
          • 2. Re: Steps to do change test on local server
            user9059600
            Thanks for replying.The thing is i am not sure whetehr i have followed the correct procedure..

when i try to compile it asks for srf file so i gave follwing path.Hope it is correct.

F:\Siebel\8.1\Tools_1\OBJECTS\ENU\siebel.srf

then it asks to pop up a window- deployment tools options - Debug tab to set some settings..I'm not sure how to set those settings.

What are the parameters which i need to set before running thick client?

Is there any useful and simple reference which has all the info with steps by step for a simple siebel modifictaion and testing on thick client ? So then i can refer that.

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Steps to do change test on local server
              WSiebel-Oracle
              You should not compile using siebel tools srf file. Check document below:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14004_01/books/DevDep/DevDep_Common_Tasks12.html#wp1016277

Use something similar as suggested in doc based on your environment, and make sure developer web client is not running:

F:\Siebel\8.1\Client_1\OBJECTS\ENU\siebel.srf

Hope it helps,

Wilson