1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 7:18 AM by user12858500 RSS

PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected

I am trying to run a simple AEMINITEST process using process option in PTF but it keeps failing with the message that "*Process AEMINITEST not found in process list*" It basically reaches till Process request dialog page for system process request page and fails with this message. I am just following the example given in Peoplebooks to test a simple process. Last few lines on my script look like this:

Link--> Click --> innerText=System Process Request
      Browser--> Frameset--> TargetContent
      Link--> Click --> innerText=Add a New Value|Intex=0
      Text--> Set Value --> Name=PRCSRUNCNTL_RUN_CNTL_ID--> PTF_TEST(Run Control id in value column)
      Button --> Click --> Name=#ICSearch
      Process --> Run -->prcname=AEMINITEST;wait=true;

This looks very simple but not sure why it keeps failing with highlighted message. Has anyone faced similar issue before? Appreciate any help or examples in this regard.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
          HakanBiroglu
          Hi,

Have you defined the process scheduler (for example PSNT) in the local settings as shown in below screenshot (as an empty grid), but you need to add your process server to this list.
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28394_01/pt852pbh1/eng/psbooks/tptf/img/sm_ConfigurationOptionspage_JG_tptf.png

after this select the process server (for example PSNT) in the Execution Options
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28394_01/pt852pbh1/eng/psbooks/tptf/img/sm_execution_options_options.png

also make sure the SkipRunProcess is set to No in above screenshot.
          • 2. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
            HakanBiroglu
            Also, if you haven't seen it yet, here is a great Advisor Webcast on setting up, configuring and creating tests with PTF.
            https://oracleaw.webex.com/oracleaw/lsr.php?AT=pb&SP=EC&rID=59219262&rKey=25848f0205bc6a8c
            • 3. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
              Thanks Hakan. Webcast was informative. However, it did not had did not had any demonstration for running a process. I do have the server option setup in local and execute options and Skip RunRequest is set to No but still getting same message. Also if I remove prcname=AEMINITEST and just keep wait=true then it picks up first process in the process list 3CBL(CobolMulti Process Job), goes to process monitor ,will click refresh for 6 times and then end with an error *"Possible Functional data error"*

Link--> Click --> innerText=System Process Request
              Browser--> Frameset--> TargetContent
              Link--> Click --> innerText=Add a New Value|Intex=0
              Text--> Set Value --> Name=PRCSRUNCNTL_RUN_CNTL_ID--> PTF_TEST(Run Control id in value column)
              Button --> Click --> Name=#ICSearch
              Process --> Run -->wait=true;

Can you tell by looking at above script if I am doing something wrong? Appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Edited by: NeeravChauhan on May 18, 2012 5:24 AM

Edited by: NeeravChauhan on May 18, 2012 5:25 AM
              • 4. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                HakanBiroglu
                I just recorded a test to initiate the AEMINITEST process.
                After this I deslected the line that starts the third process (AEMINITEST).
                Added a new line 14, ran into the same error as you, changed the process name to lower case and the test was able to start the process.
                So, prcname needs to be lower case.
                     1     True          Browser     Start          
                     2     True          Pwd     Set_Value     Name=pwd     1ENC1EED306F6AFC3A3E96F980DB62B88A9ACECDC0EF
                     3     True          Button     Click     Name=Submit     
                     4     True          Link     Click     id=pthnavbca_PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT     
                     5     True          Link     Click     id=fldra_PT_PEOPLETOOLS     
                     6     True          Link     Click     id=fldra_PT_PROCESS_SCHEDULER     
                     7     True          Link     Click     innerText=System Process Requests     
                     8     True          Browser     FrameSet     TargetContent     
                     9     True          Text     Set_Value     Name=PRCSRUNCNTL_RUN_CNTL_ID     adhoc
                     10     True          Button     Click     Name=#ICSearch     
                     11     True          Button     Click     Name=PRCSRQSTDLG_WRK_LOADPRCSRQSTDLGPB     
                     12     False          CheckBox     Set_Value     Name=PRCSRQSTDLG_WRK_SELECT_FLAG$3     Y
                     14     True          Process     Run     prcname=aeminitest; wait=true;     
                     13     True          Button     Click     Name=#ICSave     

• 5. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                  Hakan, I have my script look exactly as yours but srangely it will not work and give same error message. I wonder if it has to do with case as I see the example in Peoplebooks has process name in upper case. May be its something else related to tools version. Looks like you are on 8.52 and I am on 8.51.
                  • 6. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                    HakanBiroglu
                    I ran this test in my PT 8.51 environment, just try your original script and set prcname value to lower case.

I also tried removing prcname from the command line as you mentioned and in the inspector screen you can see it is walking through the list of processes and all values are in lower case.

I am running on toolspatch level PT8.51.12 though ...

Edited by: Hakan Biroglu on May 18, 2012 4:50 PM
                    • 7. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                      Hakan, Thanks for your time on this. I am also on 8.51.12 and tried putting the processname in lower case but it failed again? Though I don't see anything in Peoplebooks, Is there any other setting I might be missing other than local and execute options? Can you share line information for Process--> Run? this is what I have:

Menu - PROCESS_SCHEDULER
                      Component - PRCSMULTI Market - GBL
                      Page - PRCSRQSTDLG
                      Page Field NAme - PRCSRQSTDLG_WRK_LOADPRCSRQSTDLGPB
                      Record - Blank
                      Field - Blank
                      • 8. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                        We resolved the issue after we checked Generate HTML for Testing option in We Profile.
                        • 9. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                          Michel
                          .. which is mentioned in the PeopleBooks:

>
                          Configuring the Web Profile

Configure the PeopleSoft application you are testing to generate HTML for testing.

Navigate to the PeopleTools, Web Profile, Web Profile Configuration.

Select the profile name for your environment. (This is the web profile that was selected during web server installation.)

Click the Debugging tab.

Check the Generate HTML for Testing checkbox.

If this option is not selected PTF will not record HTML objects correctly.

Check the Show Connection & Sys Info checkbox.

If this option is not selected PTF will not record menu, component, and page metadata correctly.
                          • 10. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                            Ningam
                            Hi all,
                            thanks for this interesting post. I have the same issue trying to execute an AE from my PTF test (Process > Run > prcname=aeminitest;wait=true).
                            I tried all the recommendations done but I still have the same issue : System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Do you finally find the way to fix it ?

Best regards,
                            Pascal
                            • 11. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                              Ningam
                              From GordonB - Oracle: You need to add a Browser.Start or Browser.Start_Login step at the beginning to activate the browser login before you can run a process.
                              Regards,
                              • 12. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                                We tried the following steps and its working -

Browser--Start Login

Page--Prompt--PROCESS_SCHEDULER.PRCSMULTI--add update

Text--Set_Value--Name=PRCSRUNCNTL_RUN_CNTL_ID--1000

Page--PromptOk

Process--Run--prcname=aeminitest; wait=true;
                                • 13. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                                  user8907061
                                  The way to launch a process in PTF is as explain upper :

Browser--Start Login

Page--Prompt--PROCESS_SCHEDULER.PRCSMULTI--add update

Text--Set_Value--Name=PRCSRUNCNTL_RUN_CNTL_ID--1000

Page--PromptOk

Process--Run--prcname=aeminitest; wait=true;

But if it didn't work either, check if your browser ZOOM is not upper than 100%, it's related to error : E-PTF: Error In PTF. No Matching Values Were Found When Attempting to Update a Component (Doc ID 1512542.1).

I did the two thinks and it's working.
                                  • 14. Re: PeopleSoft Test Framework(PTF) - Process option not working as expected
                                    user2698670
                                    Hi Hakan,

Your posts are very informative.

I am working on PTF on PeopleTools 8.51. I wonder if this configuration options are not available in 8.51. The only thing I can see is checkbox for Allow Untrusted SSL. There is no page prompting nor Server set up there. In that case (for 8.51), can we still use Process.Run to call processes from PIA pages instead of PeopleTools>Process Monitor>System Process Requests? We want to use Process.Run so it is more efficient, plus we can set parameters to wait until process is completed.

Your instructions would be highly appreciated!

Sabrina
                                    1 2 Previous Next