This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 21, 2012 1:47 AM by nigeldeakin RSS

How to clear the consumed messages in the JMS queue?

RK_IDM Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Can someone please tell me how to clear the consumed messages from the JMS queue? We are using JMS to sync password changes with Sun Identity Manager (Oracle Waveset). We use file-based data store. The messages in the queue do get replaced as the new messages get received but I would like see them get removed as soon as they are consumed and not necessarily wait for the new messages to replace them.

Thanks!
RK
  • 1. Re: How to clear the consumed messages in the JMS queue?
    nigeldeakin Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Can someone please tell me how to clear the consumed messages from the JMS queue? We are using JMS to sync password changes with Sun Identity Manager (Oracle Waveset). We use file-based data store.
    The messages in the queue do get replaced as the new messages get received but I would like see them get removed as soon as they are consumed and not necessarily wait for the new messages to replace them.
    Hmm. In JMS, if a client consumes a messages from a queue then it is removed from the queue automatically. JMS has no concept of one message "replacing" another. You need to ask whoever wrote the code that uses JMS. If the messages are being consumed in a transaction then make sure the transaction is being committed. Or if the messages are being consumed in client acknowledgement mode then make sure the messages are being acknowledged.

Nigel

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points