This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2012 3:03 AM by Ashish_Apps RSS

Generate standar report in excel from pdf format

DBA_Zeropoint Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All!
i'm working on oracle R12 application system. i've one standard report "journals - Entry". Its output is in .pdf format. i want to get its output in excel format. So What i'll do to format it in excel. I tried to get it from navigaion " installl > viewer option ". I set parameter as

i. file format = pdf

ii. mime type= application/vnd.ms-excel

iii. Description = Microsoft Excel R12

iv. OS = Linux 5.5

v. Application Version = 12.2
But when i ran this report it show no data. (report was emplty)... Even i selected all available accounts.

Please Guide me.

Regards

Ahmed....

Edited by: 923284 on May 21, 2012 12:03 AM
  • 1. Re: Generate standar report in excel from pdf format
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.
    i'm working on oracle R12 application system. i've one standard report "journals - Entry". Its output is in .pdf format. i want to get its output in excel format. So What i'll do to format it in excel. I tried to get it from navigaion " installl > viewer option ". I set parameter as

i. file format = pdf

iii. Description = Microsoft Excel R12

But when i ran this report it show no data. (report was emplty)... Even i selected all available accounts.

Please Guide me.
    Please see these docs/links.

Missing The 1st Payment Accounting Lines When Export To Excel [ID 1248334.1]
    Web ADI Not Validating Journal Entries With Leading / Trailing Zero Before Uploading [ID 1061904.1]

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Concurrent+AND+Output+AND+Excel&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Generate standar report in excel from pdf format
    Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant Guru
    If I understood you correctly, you have a standard report whose output is in pdf.
    You set viewer options as below
    i. file format = pdf

You are telling Oracle that you want to use Excel to view PDF files. I don't think this will ever work.

Sandeep Gandhi
  • 3. Re: Generate standar report in excel from pdf format
    Ashish_Apps Journeyer
    Is this an XML Report.

If so you can do that by calling a before report trigger on fnd_pp_actions where you can change the argument1 to 'Excel' for your concurrent request by calling a update statement.
  • 4. Re: Generate standar report in excel from pdf format
    DBA_Zeropoint Newbie
    Sorry Dear!
    My Actual question is this

" I have one user request to provide him one oracle standard report named "journal Entry" in excel format. By default this report is in .rtf format. I am working on

Oralce R12.2 system with linux os 5.5. Can you please guide me how to change the default format of rtf report into excel format. Please send me the step by step

procedure to complete this task. Shall be very thankfull to you.

Report Name: Jounral Entry

Application : General Ledger

required format: excel

Regards

Ahmed....
  • 5. Re: Generate standar report in excel from pdf format
    Ashish_Apps Journeyer
    Hi,

In this case your tempalte format is rtf which has the option to display output in Excel, PDf, HTML and many more.

Now you want to get the output file as pdf ( not just want to be abl;e to view the output with pdf application )

So you need to set the output format of file to 'Excel'

There is a table fnd_pp_actions which has an attribute . ( attribute1 i suppose which needs to be set as 'Excel' for your requirement.

Write a procedure something like

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE get_excel_out
    AS
    BEGIN
    UPDATE apps.fnd_pp_actions
    SET attribute1 = 'EXCEL'
    WHERE request_id = fnd_global.conc_request_id;

COMMIT;
    END get_excel_out;

Now call this procedure in before report trigger of your report

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points