This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2012 6:29 PM by handat RSS

add a new dll in iplanet 7 webserver

937699 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I used to use iplnaet 6.1 webserver earlier and i used to load the dll with the below function in magnus.conf

Init fn=load-modules shlib

But in iplanet 7, if i provide the abover fucntion then my webserver doesnt start. Can you please let me know alternative to add a dll in iplnaet 7.
  • 1. Re: add a new dll in iplanet 7 webserver
    handat Expert
    It hasn't changed, for example to load the OpenSSO agent plugin:

Init fn="load-modules" shlib="D:/iplanet/web_agents/sjsws_agent/lib/libames6.dll" funcs="web_agent_init,validate_session_policy,append_post_data,process_notification"

Of course, you will need to use a newer plugin writtten for iws7 instead of your existing one for 6.1
  • 2. Re: add a new dll in iplanet 7 webserver
    937699 Newbie
    Thanks handat...I am able to start my webserver by providing the dll.

Now i faced two difficulties..

When i try to use ping my dll through the webserver it gives me two error messages.

1. It asks me for oracle server's username and password. I have gave admin admin as username and passoword at the time of installation but when i provide the same here it doesn't accept.

- - [17/May/2012:15:06:28 +0530] "GET /test.dll/service=server1/ping HTTP/1.1" 401 223

2. And when i try not to touch the appserver i have used, and just ping the webserver without using my appserver, it gives me the below error message

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.
    [17/May/2012:15:10:38 +0530] "GET /test.dll? HTTP/1.1" 500 305

Can you please let me know the reason for these errors.
  • 3. Re: add a new dll in iplanet 7 webserver
    937699 Newbie
    I am all set with the setup. I have missed something at my dll i have used. So now what i am facing is the Authentication Required pop-up.

I have provided my username and password as admin admin. But it doesnt take it. Is there any ways to reset the username and password or could we see where we have set the username and password.

Thanks in Advance.
  • 4. Re: add a new dll in iplanet 7 webserver
    handat Expert
    Sounds like you have an ACL issue here. Try using a different ACL or create your own.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points