5 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2012 6:47 AM by 937570

Oracle Weblogic Server

User11829138-Oracle
      Hi,
      We are deploying our ADF application on Oracle Weblogic server.
      There is need to change the default timeout session for the application.
      I have done the changes in weblogic.xml.
      Though application behaving correctly and getting timeout as per the new settings, same value is not getting displayed in admin console (configuration tab). It's always defaulted to 3600.

I have tried with even web.xml. Though application behaving correctly and getting timeout as per the new settings, same value is not getting displayed in admin console (configuration tab). It's still defaulted to 3600.

Console value is getting changed only with plan.xml, However we don't want to use the plan.xml file.

Is there any other way to change the value in console?
        • 1. Re: Oracle Weblogic Server
          Laurent Goldsztejn-Oracle
          It seems that the timeout is correctly honored with your application but not reflected by the Admin console.

HTTP session timeout can be set via web.xml (session-timeout) or weblogic.xml (param-name TimeoutSecs). The timeout set in web.xml takes precedence over whatever value can be set in weblogic.xml. However the console displays the value set in weblogic.xml.

So, since you are using the setting in web.xml, you might want to make sure that no value is set in weblogic.xml, or just set the same value there.

Best,
          Laurent
          https://twitter.com/#!/weblogicsupport
          • 2. Re: Oracle Weblogic Server
            The value of the session-timeout element (defined in minutes) in web.xml overrides the value of timeout-secs defined in both weblogic.xml and weblogic-application.xml. The value of timeout-secs in weblogic.xml overrides the value defined in weblogic-application.xml.

So better set the parameter in Web.xml which precedes all the descriptor files.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13222_01/wls/docs100/webapp/weblogic_xml.html
            • 3. Re: Oracle Weblogic Server
              I have tested this functionality in WL 10.3.3 and it works.
              Below are the details of my testing.

Included below tag in weblogic.xml and deployed application and the modification got reflected at console Application --> Configuration-->General Tab.

<session-descriptor>
              <timeout-secs>3111</timeout-secs>
              </session-descriptor>

If this functionality is pretty much required for your environment either upgrade to 10.3.3 or later versions of WLS.

Hope this answers your query and mark this Thread accordingly so that it helps others in getting correct answer easily.
              • 4. Re: Oracle Weblogic Server
                User11829138-Oracle
                Hi,
                We are on 10.3.5 Weblogic. Though console is not getting updated with the new value.
                • 5. Re: Oracle Weblogic Server
                  Its working for me in WLS 10.3.5 as well..

Pleaes let me know in clear steps how exactly you are trying to do?