Anybody knows what must I configure/install in order to access WebCenter Portal Spaces from my laptop? Currently I can only access it via my school computer. But I want it to be able to access it from my laptop.
there are no separate settings to access the webcenter spaces from your laptop, Here are some to check before access it from laptop:
1) Check whether your laptop is in network
2) Check whether you installed webcenter with default URL 127.0.0.1 or localhost , if so change it to your desktop/server IP
3) if it is internet URL, check if the internet is working from your laptop
Ok so I have a few queries. How am I suppose to:
1) Check whether my laptop is in network and
2) How to check whether I installed webcenter with default URL 127.0.0.1 or localhost
Can you tell me the specific steps in detail?
1) get your webcenter server ip and go to run>>cmd>>type ping *.*.*.*
2)You can check the same in your desktop where you installed webcenter, Check the url of the webcenter spaces, it could be like http://*.*.*.*:8889/webcenter
Here is a detail of my problem now. Initially I just have to go to C:Windows\System32\drivers\etc and edit the hosts files with a few lines containing the IP address. And I will be able to access the WebCenter Portal:Spaces using my school computer. But now when I want to access using my laptop, I ping the IP address and get a reply. But I still cannot access the WebCenter Portal:Spaces using my laptop.
No, I disable firewall already but it still does not solve my problem. My teacher say that I can use Remote Desktop Connection, since all my things are on my school computer. But my laptop is using Windows 7 Home Premium, I cannot use Remote Desktop Connection.