I had installed GIU and RAC db on 2 node cluster

but since yesterdy has this issue when running the commands

[grid@vmorarac2 ~]$ cluvfy comp ocr -n all -verbose

Verifying OCR integrity

ERROR:
      PRVF-4008 : User equivalence unavailable on all the specified nodes
      Verification cannot proceed

vmorarac1 and vmorarac2 r the two nodes

as a grid user, from vmorarac1 i ran ssh vmorarac2 and it failed with above error and vice versa

so i did the following

from vmorarac1
      ssh vmorarac2
      yes and enter key
      exec /usr/bin/ssh-agent $SHELL
      /usr/bin/ssh-add

i did the same on other node

but the problem still exists.

Edited by: 912919 on 23-May-2012 06:58
        • 1. Re: PRVF-4007 : User equivalence check failed for user "grid"
          http://mohamedelazab.blogspot.in/2011/01/cluster-verify-utility-fails-with-user.html
          http://csayantan.wordpress.com/11gr2-rac-installation/way-to-avoiding-prv-4007-in-runcluvfy-sh/
          • 2. Re: PRVF-4007 : User equivalence check failed for user "grid"
            followed note on metalink which is same as per links you pasted

How To Configure SSH for a RAC Installation [ID 300548.1]

but still asks for password

checked alert_vmorarac2.log

[client(16003)]CRS-10051:CVU found following errors with Clusterware setup : PRVG-1101 : SCAN name "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt" failed to resolve
            PRVF-4657 : Name resolution setup check for "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt" (IP address: 152.144.199.201) failed
            PRVF-4664 : Found inconsistent name resolution entries for SCAN name "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt"
            PRVF-4664 : Found inconsistent name resolution entries for SCAN name "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt"

but there has been no change to /etc/hosts file which has scan name in it

Edited by: 912919 on 23-May-2012 08:31
            • 3. Re: PRVF-4007 : User equivalence check failed for user "grid"
              Levi Pereira
              Hi,

SSH with passphrase is not supported for Oracle Clusterware 11g release 2 and later releases.

So, I recommend you deconfigure SSH and use Automatic SSH Configuration During Installation

2.14 Automatic SSH Configuration During Installation
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e22489/prelinux.htm#BABIIEHI

or configure ssh manually following this steps:

Configuring SSH Manually on All Cluster Nodes
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e22489/manpreins.htm#BABJBAEB

PS: The note *How To Configure SSH for a RAC Installation [ID 300548.1]* has a discrepancy of informations about use passphrase on SSH configuration. (Is not clear about it)
              Regards,
              Levi Pereira
              • 4. Re: PRVF-4007 : User equivalence check failed for user "grid"
                Hi Levi

The RAC GI and db were working fine

I had done successfull install on both the nodes vmorarac1/2

I happen to see this problem this week when I ran the command cluvfy comp ocr -n all -verbose

alert_vmorarac2.log

[client(16003)]CRS-10051:CVU found following errors with Clusterware setup : PRVG-1101 : SCAN name "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt" failed to resolve
                PRVF-4657 : Name resolution setup check for "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt" (IP address: 152.144.199.201) failed
                • 5. Re: PRVF-4007 : User equivalence check failed for user "grid"
                  Levi Pereira
                  Hi,

The subject of thread "*PRVF-4007 : User equivalence check failed for user "grid*"

Now..
                  {code}
                  {code}

If you can see are different issue.

If you are using DSN to resolve hostname "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt" check with "nslookup" if the name is resolved correctly.

If you are using Hosts File to resolve hostname "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt" you must configure only one ip (152.144.199.201) to resolve "vmorarac-scan.pbi.global.pvt" this entrie must be on host file of all nodes of cluster.

Levi Pereira