4 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 6:13 AM by 939195 RSS

Help! can't import or select the metadata from oracle 11g

Hi all,

i face the problem now, Can you give me some suggestions?

i want to import some tables from oracle 11g, but when i'm the third step in 'metadata import', there is nothing can be chosen, that's, no tables are displayed.

is there anything wrong?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Help! can't import or select the metadata from oracle 11g
          Hi

What version of Obiee are you using and OS ?

What kind of connection ? OCI , ODBC ???

Take a look of this thread OBIEE11.1.1.6 OCI
          • 2. Re: Help! can't import or select the metadata from oracle 11g
            Hi,

Thanks for reply. I upgrate the biee 10g to 11g. Of course, as I use the biee 1g, it's work smoothly.

I install the biee 11g in Linux and biee 11g client in windows xp. The problem is that. I use the string

(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xx.xx.xx.xx)(PORT = xx))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME = xxxxxx)))

to connect the oracle 11g in biee 11g client in windows xp using oci. Though it can connect to the oracle 11g, but there is no object to select, that is, the 'data source view' is blank.

otherwise, as i upgrate the biee 10g to 11g, I already have a rpd file, and I open it on biee 11g client online, I can view the data in physical layer, so I think there is nothing wrong with my TNSNames.ora file , it can be others..

Thanks!
            • 3. Re: Help! can't import or select the metadata from oracle 11g
              Hi

In the Windows Machine, you have an oracle database Client ?
              What is the version of the DB from where you are trying to import the tables.

Reproduce the error, and then in this path

"C:\Program Files\Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus Client \oraclebi\orainst\diagnostics\logs\OracleBIServerComponent\coreapplication"

get this file "_NQSAdmintool.log" to find the related error.

Your OBIEE is 11.1.1.6 ?

Edited by: Andres on 23-may-2012 21:45
              • 4. Re: Help! can't import or select the metadata from oracle 11g
                Thank a lot for all replay!

i have solved this problem, just download the oracle 11g client, win32_11gR2_client.zip and install, then copy the %oracle_home%\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin to %obiee%\oraclebi\orahome\