1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 8:10 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Migration Issues
        Xaheer,

The network bandwidth is poor, so network_link wont be a good option to pull the data.

If I had a 1 day downtime , I could take a cold backup and recovered in New server, upgraded and switch apps to new server.

But here my downtime is 4 hours.
        So day 1; I have to take a initial dump, Switch on applications, Import the backup to new server, run upgrade scripts.
        day 2; Take a incremental backup (switching apps off)., importing the incremental backup to new server and switching connectivity to new server (go-live) .

So I was looking for some incremental option in expdp/impdp or exp/imp. The RMAN has incremental but since there is a migration from 32-64, and Oracle 10.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.3 it can have problems.
        • 16. Re: Migration Issues
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          user13355115 wrote:
          Srini,

What I mean is;

Initially w'll take a exp dump and import in New Server.

Later (within 1/2 days) we have to imp the additional/incremental data from the old server to sync the old/new servers.

So how do we do that ??
          Pl re-read my post above - there is no way that I know of to take incremental exports as part of an upgrade process

HTH
          Srini
          • 17. Re: Migration Issues
            Hi All,

Then whats the solution when using exp/imp ?

Or need to go back to Rman..?
            • 18. Re: Migration Issues
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              Pl see my post above - "If you are wanting to use exp/imp, then the downtime will be far longer than 4 hours"

HTH
              Srini
              • 19. Re: Migration Issues
                Hi Srini,

Can you provide me any other solution in this case. Appreciate if you can give the broad steps and necessary links..

Thanks
                • 20. Re: Migration Issues
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle
                  There is no other solution I know other than what I have outlined above

Srini
                  1 2 Previous Next