This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 1:48 AM by gimbal2 RSS

What to install on server?

tmazight Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm on a project of programming an Client Server application (standard java) with simple blocking sockets for receiving data from clients, and consume web services for sending those messages to their destination and have to write a document about server install procedure.
The problem is that i don't know what will i have to install on that server (web server........)
can you give me a list of what you think i have to install on that server for running such program for both Unix and Windows?

need help.

regards

Edited by: Otmane on May 24, 2012 8:47 AM
  • 1. Re: What to install on server?
    gimbal2 Guru
    I have to cook this dish with meat and vegetables and I need to write the recipe.

Can you give me the list of ingredients?
  • 2. Re: What to install on server?
    tmazight Newbie
    gimbal,
    i'm a in internship, with java i always did small programs not programs like this for production environment. you can add to that i'm not good with linux,
    i saw that you are one of the best here, you can be very helpful, so don't hesitate to explain to a beginner.

thanks
  • 3. Re: What to install on server?
    gimbal2 Guru
    Otmane wrote:
    gimbal,
    i'm a in internship, with java i always did small programs not programs like this for production environment. you can add to that i'm not good with linux,
    i saw that you are one of the best here, you can be very helpful, so don't hesitate to explain to a beginner.

thanks
    You don't seem to understand the intention behind my reply. Try to answer it: you can't because you don't know what I'm doing, only that I'm cooking something. How can you give a list of ingredients when you don't even know if I'm doing a stew, some kind of rice dish or whatever? All I told you is that it will include meat and vegetables. Well, you need Java and some kind of web container.

Besides that: as an intern you should have someone guiding you: ask him/her for help. I'd expect the answer to be the same as mine: research it. If you think asking "how I do this" questions in a forum is research, I have bad news for you.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points