9 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 7:44 AM by yesface RSS

Oracle Forms Not displaying.

yesface
      Hello Guys,

Kindly help resolve this issue. Am running oracle forms 10.1.2.0.2 on win7 64bit. Any time i tried running the form from the form builder, it opens up the web browser but displays nothing. If i disable the proxy on firefox, it then request for a plugin. i Have installed jinitiator for IE8 but still forms won't display.
      Kindly assist to enable the form display.
        • 1. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
          Christian Erlinger
          JInit isn't supported on IE8 and neither is it on Firefox. You'll have to use the sun jpi to run forms in a nowadays browser. Search the forum on how to do that.

cheers
          • 2. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
            Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
            Hi yesface

Pls check... Unable to run form 10g in IE too

Jintiator is no longer supported by oracle pls use jre with the updated patch...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah
            • 3. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
              CraigB
              First and foremost, running Oracle Developer Suite 10g R2 (Forms 10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64-bit is not supported or recommended by Oracle. Having said that it is possible to do. You cannot use Oracle's Jinitiator - it is simply too old for modern browsers (remember it was built using Java 1.3). That means you will have to use the Oracle/Sun Java Runtime/Plug-in. Take a look at Forms: How to configure Forms Builder to run forms locally for detailed directions for setting up your environment.

You will need to download and install the 32-bit version of the Oracle/Sun JRE - not the 64-bit version.

Hope this helps,
              Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
              • 4. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
                yesface
                Thank u guys, I have downloaded and installed the JRE 6upadte32 for 32bit. I restarted my and system and tried running forms application again but the issue still persist.
                @Craig: I have gone through ur article and i would like ask what and what i do av to modify in the formweb.cfg file or what the registry value should be for FORMS_PATH etc. please ellaborate.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
                  Christian Erlinger
                  In addition to Craig's site which outlines what needs to be done to run forms with the sun JRE (In the section Sun JRE) here is another document describing what needs to be done to use the Sun JPI: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/documentation/forms-jre-131772.pdf

cheers
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
                    CraigB
                    @Craig: I have gone through ur article and i would like ask what and what i do av to modify in the formweb.cfg file or what the registry value should be for FORMS_PATH etc. please ellaborate.
                    The FORMS_PATH parameter tells Forms where to look for files used by a Form (.fmb/.fmx). These file include Forms source and executables (*.fmb/*.fmx), menu files (*.mmb/*.mmx), PL/SQL libraries (*.pll/*.plx) and Object Libraries (*.olb).

The FORMS_PATH parameter is stored in two places (Windows).
                    First, in the Windows Registry as is used by the Forms Builder (frmbld.exe) to find referenced objects in a form (eg: Attached Libraries, Subclass Source Objects, etc). The exception to this is Pluggable Java Components (PJCs) and JavaBeans which are referenced from the FORMS_CLASSPATH.
                    Second, is the default.env file which stored parameters used by the Forms Runtime (frmweb.exe) and is used for the same purpose - to find the compiled version referenced objects during runtime (eg: *.plx, *.mmx, *.fmx).

As to:
                    ...what i do av to modify in the formweb.cfg file or what the registry value should be for FORMS_PATH etc.
                    I have always organized my Forms objects (yes, I'm one of those organized freaks :) ) so I have a folder for Library objects and a folder where all of my development Forms go; something like:
                    C:\MyDevelopment\Forms - Forms I am working on.
                    C:\MyDevelopment\Form_Libs - reference objects like .PLL and .OLB and any template forms I use.
                    These are the directories that should appear in the FORMS_PATH parameter, in addition to the default Forms directories that are there. For example:
                    1. Default parameter values:
                    FORMS_PATH=D:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms

2. I add my directories to this default value (listing the Library folder first);
                    FORMS_PATH=D:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms;C:\MyDevelopment\Form_Libs;C:\MyDevelopment\Forms

The alternative is to create a configuration section in the formsweb.cfg for each file you run from the Forms Builder. This is very tedious and unnccessary in my opinion. For an example of a configuration section, scroll to the bottom of the formsweb.cfg and you will see [webutil]. This is the default configuration section for when you are using the WebUtil library with forms.

Hope this helps,
                    Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
                    • 7. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
                      yesface
                      Hey Guys,

Issue still persist, forms wont display. Whenever i tried from IE, it crahes and firefox comes up with a page to install missing plugin. i have cautiously followed your technical advice but forms won't display.
                      Your assistance is still required to get form displayed.
                      Thanks
                      • 8. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
                        Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
                        Hello yesface

Did u identify ur browser location in forms menu > Edit > Prefrences > RunTime tab > Browser location ?

haven't u read the link i had posted and recognize Carig that Oracle Developer Suite 10g R2 (Forms 10.1.2.0.2) on Windows 7 64-bit is not supported or recommended by Oracle.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah
                        • 9. Re: Oracle Forms Not displaying.
                          yesface
                          Dear all, thanks a bunch. I just installed window xp and went through all your technical advises and it worked just perfectly. Am so happy the from finally displayed. But a slight concern now is that, my form seems to work with my proxy settings. Once the internet connection is off, then page wont display. Please how do i handle this?

Thanks once more.