10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 2:51 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition

user5999232
      Hello.

I'm trying to access the webpage from oracle 10g express edition but the site return me this page isn't available anymore, i need to download this specific version, how am i supposed to go along with that?

ps: if its not the right forum, please move it.
        • 1. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
          Udo
          Hello,

first: I think this is the appropriate forum for your question.
          Second: It seems as if Oracle decided to finally drop 10g XE. When you try to call the product home page, which still worked a few days ago, you now get
          The version of Oracle Database you are looking for is no longer available on OTN.
          So, there probably is no way to download this package from Oracle anymore. Perhaps you are lucky to find some file hoster that still has the package in its repository.

Just for curiosity: Why do you need this specific version?

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
            user5999232
            i'd like to change the server's machine, so i'd like to install the same version.
            • 3. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
              Udo
              That's understandable. But as mentioned before, the official download isn't available anymore. If you can't find somebody else to provide you the package, you might consider the migration to 11.2 XE, as documented in the [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803/toc.htm#CEGJJGEJ]11.2 Installation Guide. (change to the Linux version of that Guide if you don't run on Windows)
              Even if you still have hopes to get 10.2 XE running on your new machine somehow, I'd recommend to create the 10.2 dump and installation files (steps 1-3) just to have a backup plan.

-Udo
              • 4. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
                Udo
                It seems the download is still available on the japanese OTN page ( http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/jp/database/express-edition/downloads/database10gxe-459378-ja.html ) as posted here: {message:id=10450295}
                I guess you'd better be fast, because it's likely that the download will be removed there as well.

-Udo
                • 5. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
                  the only one I got is here (be careful it s encapsulated by CNET bullshits, and you must uncheck some boxes):
                  http://download.cnet.com/Oracle-Database-10g-Express-Edition/3640-10254_4-75220235-1.html
                  • 6. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
                    Hi
                    user599923, I recommend download Oracle Database Express Edition 11g Release 2.

Lik: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/express-edition/downloads/index.html

TIPS

when you install the database to make sure the account that has administrator privileges install.

Why

Sometimes the installer glitches. Sometimes its because the user running the install isn't a local admin.

If there are no data files under the XE folder, that is a symptom of an installer glitch.

See the Local Users and Groups applet, Start/Run lusrmgr.msc open the Groups folder, right click/Properties on Administrators. If you're logged into the host with a domain account, be sure your <domain>\loginname is in that local admins group.
                    • 7. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
                      user775218
                      What to do...
                      Oracle 11g is available only for 64 bit version linux.
                      And I want to install it on a 32bit linux machine. Oracle XE 10g no more available officially by Oracle.

Edited by: user775218 on Oct 25, 2012 3:20 AM
                      • 8. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
                        we are in the same situation, I need oracle xe for my linux 32 bit
                        others also need oracle xe for windows 64 bit but they are facing dead end
                        I guess we have to wait
                        and while waiting I am thinking to try another free database
                        • 9. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
                          Hello where I can download Database Express edition for Windows.

Because I cant found it

Regards

Edited by: regio on Mar 4, 2013 2:31 PM
                          • 10. Re: Downloading Oracle 10g Express Edition
                            Srini Chavali-Oracle
                            11g XE is available at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/express-edition/downloads/index.html

HTH
                            Srini