3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 8:40 AM by 673424

WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT disable configuration

vijai
      Hi,

I saw assigned a task to disable the WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT dialogue with the session time out as 30 mins, since it was irritating the users most of the time.

As I followed the https://blogs.oracle.com/jdevotnharvest/entry/how-to_enable_user_session_time_out_warning_jdev_11114 to this I came across a rather interesting behavior of ADF regarding the warning dialogue, please correct me if i am wrong....

* This is be enabled only if the session time out is greater that 2 min.
      * This the the interesting part
      The ADF starts it monitoring exactly 3 min after it is left ideal to initiate this waring dialogue.
      It accepts a tolerance of exactly 1 min for delay lag. If exceeded it will not raise the warning dialogue.

Ex:- I set the session time out 6 min and absorbed the following,
      WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT = 120 - The dialogue raised exactly after 4 min.
      WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT = 240 - The dialogue raised exactly after 3 min.
      WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT = 241 - The dialogue did not raise.

similarly,

I set the session time out 5 min and absorbed the following,
      WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT = 120 - The dialogue raised exactly after 3 min.
      WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT = 180 - The dialogue raised exactly after 3 min.
      WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT = 181 - The dialogue did not raise.

Form this I am able to see two things, The monitoring starts after 3 min and has a tolerance of 1 min.
      Is these two values a default for the ADF or influenced by some other configuration else where ?

Please give me more light on this......
        • 1. Re: WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT disable configuration
          vijai
          Hi guys sorry,

I think I have figured it out wrong before....

The value 120 which frank discusses is the difference between the session time out and the value provided in the web xml WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT I guess....

i.e dialogue raise time = session out time - WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT
          thats y I got say 360 - 240 = 120 and 360-241=119 where the earlier enabled the warning and the later disabled the dialogue......

Initially I thought that if I set value less than 120 to WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT it wont work.... but it did eventually......

Please correct me if I am wrong again..... Now i am thinking off setting a value that would disable it..... but provide me a better way if possible to diable this cause I cant set <af:document title="Test" id="d1" stateSaving="client"> on every page of my application....
          • 2. Re: WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT disable configuration
            in the line of fire
            If you application is based on regions/fragments then its only one place where you have to do.
            • 3. Re: WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT disable configuration
              Set the WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT value greater than Session_Timeout, e.g. If your Session_Timeout is 30 mins, then you can set WARNING_BEFORE_TIMEOUT to be 1800 secs that can disable the Page Expiration Notification mechanism in ADF.

Hopefully this can help!