1 Reply Latest reply: May 28, 2012 11:04 PM by user12841694 RSS

OIM 9102: Send Email Notification to other user in a task

User262828
      I created a process in OIM. In this process exist a Task: Manager Process. When this task will be completed for the user that be assigned. In the Notification Tab are able to send a email notification to a Assign User, Requester User, User or User Manager. But i need to send a email notification a other user different to them, for example: juan.perez, this user is in OIM.

I have read the following documents:

1.- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E10391_01/doc.910/e10363/promgt.htm#BCECFGEJ

2 .- How to Send an Email Notification Upon User Creation via the Admin Console [ID 780394.1]

3.- OIM: An Example of Email Notification and Configuring it With a Resource Object Provisioning [ID 457836.1]

4.- Sending an Approval Notification Email with a Link Directly to the Approval Request? [ID 748447.1]

Or exist some way to do this, through java code.

I'm using oim 9.1.0.2 BP18 running on OC4J 10.1.3.5 on AIX 6.1 64-bit clustered install with two nodes, Oracle Database 10.2.0.4 on AIX 6.1 64-bit on RAC.
        • 1. Re: OIM 9102: Send Email Notification to other user in a task
          user12841694
          Hi

You can use OIM email API to send an email from the java code. You can attach code on post creation user using entity adapter. Every time a user is created the email is triggered.

Here is the sample:

public EmailUtility(tcDataProvider dataProvider) {

this.dataProvider = dataProvider;

emailOper = new tcEmailNotificationUtil(dataProvider);
                    System.out.println("Email API instantiated successfully...");

}

public String sendEmail(String fromAddress, String toAddress, String body,
                         String subject) {

emailOper.setBody(body);
                    emailOper.setFromAddress(fromAddress);
                    emailOper.setSubject(subject);
                    emailOper.sendEmail(toAddress);
                    System.out.println("Email sent!" + subject);

return SUCCESS;

}

Regards
          user12841694