2 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 2:42 AM by Martin Jarvis RSS

Installing OCEP in Mac OS X

alexalves
      h4. Here are the steps to install OCEP in a Mac OS X platform:

h5. 1) Download generic installer to your local Mac OS X machine:
      Go to OCEP download web-site page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/complex-event-processing/downloads/index.html

And select the AIX installer, as it is a generic one, and download it to your local Mac OS X platform.

h5. 2) Fix your local JDK for the installer to be able to recognize it:
      Follow the instructions at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16764_01/install.1111/e13666/ojdig.htm#BDCFFEJC

This can be summarized as the following (in my machine):

cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/
      su root
      mkdir jre
      cd jre
      mkdir lib
      cd lib
      ln -s ../../../Classes/classes.jar rt.jar

h5. 3) Start installer specifying OS name to avoid check size problem:
      java -Dos.name=unix -jar ofm_ocep_generic_11-1.1.1.4.0_disk1_1of1.jar

When prompted by the installer, select the system JDK that you fixed in step 2.

That should do it! Just keep in mind that Mac OS X is NOT a supported platform.
        • 1. Re: Installing OCEP in Mac OS X
          Martin Jarvis
          Alex,
          Is there anything else that needs configuring? I followed your instructions to install CEP on my Mac but I'm having problems getting the hello world sample working. The server starts up but the web console is causing the server to crash. For example, if I try to access the EPN viewer the EPN itself does not get drawn then the server JVM crashes.

Martin
          • 2. Re: Installing OCEP in Mac OS X
            Martin Jarvis
            I have managed to get the HelloWorld sample working by switching to the Oracle JDK 7. I downloaded and installed the new MacOS JDK from OTN. I edited the setDomainEnv.sh script to change the JAVA_HOME environment variable:
            JAVA_HOME="/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/"

Added bonus is that the JVM and CEP now shuts down with a control-c, which it did not do before.

Regards
            Martin