This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 1:35 AM by Rajiv13435697 RSS

ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

Rajiv13435697 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Have a query in my java file and getting the following error in ucm logs "delete from UserSecurityAttributes where dUserName IN(select dName from Users u,Person p where u.dName=p.userntlogin and u.dName <> ' ' and p.activeyn='0')!$ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation"

however the same query is executable if run on database.

The code in java file is as below:
String sql="";

sql="delete from UserSecurityAttributes where dUserName IN(select dName from Users u, Person p where u.dName=p.userntlogin and u.dName <>' ' and p.activeyn=0)";

m_workspace.executeSQL(sql);

Edited by: Rajiv13435697 on May 30, 2012 2:15 PM
  • 1. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Read this article: http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_01013_user_requested_cancel_of_current_operation.htm

Even though it is difficult to analyse it any deeper without having the environment, my guess is that it will be a timeout. Try to get execution details for the query above - maybe they really take significant time (even though it does not seem so).
  • 2. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    Rajiv13435697 Newbie
    Hi Jiri,

I visited this link but it seems to be some other issue as the query is not taking much time when executing it directly in database.Tried some config entries also but was of no use.

Edited by: Rajiv13435697 on May 30, 2012 1:45 PM
  • 3. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    jiri.machotka Guru
    the query is not taking much time when executing it directly in database
    That's what I expected (it's just three tables, bound with simple joins). Nevertheless, I'm afraid you still need to start your analysis from the db end - that is, get a DBA, or someone with extensive DB knowledge who can help you to find the cause of the error.

You have not provided many details from where you execute the query when it fails; one hint could be that connection parameters (namely, time out threshold) could be different than those when the query is executed from a SQL console, but I'm really guessing here.
  • 4. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    Rajiv13435697 Newbie
    Executing the query from a java file which is a called on execution of a service.Same query from same place is excuted when i delete a particular record
    eg :
    delete from UserSecurityAttributes where dUserName IN(select dName from Users u, Person p where u.dName=p.userntlogin and u.dName ='jiri ' and p.activeyn='0')

but when i try to delete more records it gives me error.Same issue i am facing with insert queries also.

Complete error trace :

!csDbUnableToExecuteSql,delete from UserSecurityAttributes where dUserName IN(select dName from Users u\, Person p where u.dName=p.userntlogin and u.dName <> ' ' and p.activeyn='0')!$ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

run: 1.18 ms. total 3.28 ms. [ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
             IdcServer-12     ]
         !csUserEventMessage,weblogic,boseastlnt2:16202!$ intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csServiceDataException,UPDATE_USER_PASSWORD,autoDeleteUser!$
         *ScriptStack UPDATE_USER_PASSWORD
         3:autoDeleteUser,**no captured values**
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.buildServiceException(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:2115)
         at intradoc.server.Service.buildServiceException(Service.java:2260)
         at intradoc.server.Service.createServiceExceptionEx(Service.java:2254)
         at intradoc.server.Service.createServiceException(Service.java:2249)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.handleActionException(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1766)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1716)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:477)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1458)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:472)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.executeActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1391)
         at intradoc.server.Service.executeActions(Service.java:458)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doRequest(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:737)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doRequest(Service.java:1890)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceManager.processCommand(ServiceManager.java:435)
         at intradoc.server.IdcServerThread.processRequest(IdcServerThread.java:265)
         at intradoc.idcwls.IdcServletRequestUtils.doRequest(IdcServletRequestUtils.java:1343)
         at intradoc.idcwls.IdcServletRequestUtils.processFilterEvent(IdcServletRequestUtils.java:1715)
         ... 36 more
         Caused by: intradoc.data.DataException: !csDbUnableToExecuteSql,delete from UserSecurityAttributes where dUserName IN(select dName from Users u\, Person p where u.dName=p.userntlogin and u.dName <> ' ' and p.activeyn='0')!$ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcWorkspace.handleSQLException(JdbcWorkspace.java:2461)
         at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcWorkspace.executeSQL(JdbcWorkspace.java:830)
         at AutoAddUser.AutoAddUserServiceHandler.autoDeleteUser(AutoAddUserServiceHandler.java:532)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
         at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(IdcMethodHolder.java:87)
         at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:324)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:79)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:533)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:506)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doAction(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1643)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doAction(Service.java:477)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.doActions(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:1458)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doActions(Service.java:473)
         ... 44 more
         Caused by: java.sql.SQLTimeoutException: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:457)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:405)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:889)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:476)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:204)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:540)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:202)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:1074)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1466)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doScrollExecuteCommon(OracleStatement.java:6474)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doScrollStmtExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:6621)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeUpdateInternal(OracleStatement.java:2127)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeUpdate(OracleStatement.java:2067)
         at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(OracleStatementWrapper.java:306)
         at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:511)
         at intradoc.jdbc.JdbcWorkspace.executeSQL(JdbcWorkspace.java:824)
         at AutoAddUser.AutoAddUserServiceHandler.autoDeleteUser(AutoAddUserServiceHandler.java:529)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
         at intradoc.common.IdcMethodHolder.invokeMethod(IdcMethodHolder.java:86)
         at intradoc.common.ClassHelperUtils.executeMethodReportStatus(ClassHelperUtils.java:324)
         at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:79)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doCodeEx(Service.java:533)
         at intradoc.server.Service.doCode(Service.java:505)
         ... 48 more
  • 5. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    jiri.machotka Guru
    OK. With 3.28ms timeouts can be excluded. I'm wondering what else in the database could be causing the error - probably a question to the DB forum(?)

Anyway, what you can try in the meantime is to turn on database tracing to see what commands and with what results are executed in the database - it is possible that you will not find anything new, but talking to db guys they will want "their"stuff anyway. To turn on DB SQL Tracing see here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/A58617_01/server.804/a58246/otrace.htm or http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/SQL_Trace

I'd also focus on (and mention!) the fact that it works with a single record, but fails with multiple. Are you sure it behaves differently from the SQL console (maybe, you logged in as a different user?). You can get SQL trace for the query executed from sqlplus and compare it if you find a difference.
  • 6. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    Rajiv13435697 Newbie
    I tried the select query without delete as
    "select dName from Users u\, Person p where u.dName=p.userntlogin and u.dName is not NULL and p.activeyn='0'".
    and got the error as !$SQL string is not a DML Statement
    Will try the traces and update.
  • 7. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    Rajiv13435697 Newbie
    Tried sql tracing.Gives the same traces as i have pasted earlier
  • 8. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    jiri.machotka Guru
    ... seems like a typo (remove \, if that one is not a typo here, check all table/column names, types, etc.)

Didn't you mention you had run the query directly in the database? And that it worked when deleting one row? Try to get back to a 'working' version.
  • 9. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    Rajiv13435697 Newbie
    Yes, when we run query in directly database it runs perfectly fine even for single row or many, but when the same is done thru java it says either
    Statement is not a DML.. or User requested cancel of current operation.The same was working with Stellent 7.5.1.During upgrade we found that this is giving error in Oracle UCM 11g.
  • 10. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Yes, when we run query in directly database it runs perfectly fine even for single row or many, but when the same is done thru java it says either
    I'm afraid we are running in a loop. First of all, you need to find what SQL command is sent from java to the database. If you say that you execute the same query, using the same login credentials, but you get a different result I don't believe it - there must be something that's been overlooked.
  • 11. Re: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
    Rajiv13435697 Newbie
    Hi Jiri,

The problem is resolved now.It was expecting the connection string in SystemProperties of content server however the same was available in cs-ds-jdbc.xml file inside config/jdbc folder.

I have a query , Is it possible that it will not use the csds from weblogic and use/refer only managed servers system properties settings?
    If this was a connection string issue why doesn't it gave any error related to connection string it just said 'user requested cancel of current operation'.OR we have not reached to correct logs.

Thanks and Regards

Priya

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points