This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 6:50 AM by user12957891 RSS

DM 3.1 /  Classification types

744359 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'm havin troubles with my classification type colors. I had set a new type and a color for it. There where few tables in my model that I had set that type and they were purple. I imported some changes from data dictionary to two of those tables and after that the color disappeared from those two. They became yellow, but the classification type prefix remained. I tried to remove the type and create a new one, add and remove the type from the tables... But the two tables remained yellow.

I didn't find anything from the log related to this.

I had to remove the tables and import them again and now I got them purple again.
  • 1. Re: DM 3.1 /  Classification types
    Dimitar Slavov Journeyer
    Hi,

What do you mean by "I imported some changes from data dictionary"? I assume you have saved model which you have imported from data dictionary and imported it again in the same model right? Or you synchronize model with data dictionary (blue arrows icons on the toolbar) ? Either way I wasn't able to reproduce it, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    Classification types are design level setting i.e. if you create/modify classification type it is only for current saved(named) design.
  • 2. Re: DM 3.1 /  Classification types
    user12957891 Newbie
    Hi,

I'm having problems with classification type colors also in version 3.1.1 and if I remember right I had the same problems in earlier versions. Somehow importing tables from different model to current model messes color coding in some of the tables.

I created a new model, then imported multiple tables from different earlier made models to my model. After that i made few classification types, but the color coding in some of the imported tables dont't work( not all of them). Color stays in normal yellow. And I can repeat this with the same imported "problem tables" from same source model .

If tables are not imported from different models then classification types are working well.
  • 3. Re: DM 3.1 /  Classification types
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi,

thanks for feedback. I logged bug for that.

Philip
  • 4. Re: DM 3.1 /  Classification types
    user12957891 Newbie
    Hi,

If this bug was id: 14140857 (CLASSIFICATION TYPES GET MESSED UP WHEN IMPORT TABLES FROM OTHER MODEL)?

I'm afraid it isn't (totally) fixed like you reported in the version 3.1.2 Bugs fixed list (at least in my case). I checked the model where to I imported tables but the classification type colors are still not working. After that i tried again by creating new model and importing those problem tables in it. Half of the imported tables worked (progress), but still there are few tables not working:) And there is nothing in datamodeler.log of that.

Best Regards,

user12957891
  • 5. Re: DM 3.1 /  Classification types
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi,

are you importing those problematic tables as new tables in the model or they have counterparts in the model and appear as modified in Compare/Merge dialog?
    Any observation what is the difference between succeeded and failed tables?

Philip
  • 6. Re: DM 3.1 /  Classification types
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi,
    I created a new model, then imported multiple tables from different earlier made models to my model. After that i made few classification types, but the color coding in some of the imported tables dont't work( not all of them). Color stays in normal yellow.
    It looks like those tables are set to not use default formatting, then color associated to classification type is not used - check "format" in context menu for table on diagram - there is "Use default format" check box in "Format object" dialog - it should be checked.

Philip
  • 7. Re: DM 3.1 /  Classification types
    user12957891 Newbie
    Hi,

This solved my problem. Thank you.

Best regards,
    user12957891

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points