5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2012 7:52 AM by ChadThompson RSS

adf diagnostic log includes java util log messages also

hi ,

kindly help on below issue...

i am using java util logging....
      i come to know that my util logging messages are included in respective file and adf_diagnostic log also which i dont want..

please help...
        • 1. Re: adf diagnostic log includes java util log messages also
          ChadThompson
          abhi_shek wrote:
          hi ,

kindly help on below issue...

i am using java util logging....
          i come to know that my util logging messages are included in respective file and adf_diagnostic log also which i dont want..

please help...
          Your "java logging" is being mixed with the handlers for the platform ADF Logging - the way to seperate the two is to create seperate log handlers, and perhaps use ADF Logging (which is a simple extension of the java logging utilities) across your application.

A good primer with an introduction to the logging tools available in JDeveloper is available here:

https://blogs.oracle.com/groundside/entry/adventures_in_adf_logging_part

… it's a multipart article covering ADF logging in JDeveloper 11.1.2.* - you might find it useful.
          • 2. Re: adf diagnostic log includes java util log messages also
            Thanks for the reply its really helpful....

just want to confirm that as per you post i should go for adf logger in whole code ???

i will go through the adf logger as suggested ...
            • 3. Re: adf diagnostic log includes java util log messages also
              ChadThompson
              abhi_shek wrote:
              Thanks for the reply its really helpful....

just want to confirm that as per you post i should go for adf logger in whole code ???
              Yes - it would be your best choice in developing an ADF app. You'll have to tackle the task of setting up 'log handlers' and the like, but you'll get a lot of benefit out of doing so.
              i will go through the adf logger as suggested ...
              Good luck!
              • 4. Re: adf diagnostic log includes java util log messages also
                hi ,

for release this plan is cancelled but only task i have is to print the java util logs in updated first manner i.e. i have to see the updated messages on top ... i went through some links but could not get the solution.
                any idea?
                • 5. Re: adf diagnostic log includes java util log messages also
                  ChadThompson
                  abhi_shek wrote:
                  hi ,

for release this plan is cancelled but only task i have is to print the java util logs in updated first manner i.e. i have to see the updated messages on top ... i went through some links but could not get the solution.
                  any idea?
                  The best idea is the original one - using the ADF Logger. The problem you'll have with "updated messages on top" is that the logging packages and log handler file appenders will append output to the end of the file rather than the beginning. What you'll end up doing is using some kind of database log handler or some other custom type of log handling, when you could start with the ADF Logger and have the immediate ability to search and sort log messages - in your case the 'timestamp' of the log entry.

The requirement you stated will actually be more difficult to implement (in my opinion) than using the ADF Logging classes.