This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 6:51 AM by KarthikC RSS

Tab menu plugin

695721 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All ,

please i import Tab menu
http://www.apex-plugin.com/oracle-apex-plugins/odtug-competition/tab-menu_203.html
but i don't know how it work
this my account
workspace : elnoor
username : ahmed
password : 123456

thank you
Ahmed
  • 1. Re: Tab menu plugin
    TexasApexDeveloper Guru
    Did you try and contact the author via the plugin site? Why exactly would you try and use a plugin that you don't understand how to implement? There ar eother menuing plugins there you MIGHT want to look at..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Dallas, TX
  • 2. Re: Tab menu plugin
    695721 Newbie
    Why exactly would you try and use a plugin that you don't understand how to implement?
    because i want to use tab menu , and i see the demo of this plugin , and hope to know how i use this plugin ...
    please if you have a problem to answer my question , don't replay .
  • 3. Re: Tab menu plugin
    VC Guru
    Ahmed Alsaied wrote:
    Why exactly would you try and use a plugin that you don't understand how to implement?
    because i want to use tab menu , and i see the demo of this plugin , and hope to know how i use this plugin ...
    Where is the demo of this?

I looked at your application and I could not understand how it works without looking at any documentation.

It suggest you to contact the plugin author and he will be the right person to answer your questions, OR at least refer this thread to him/her on http://www.apex-plugin.com/oracle-apex-plugins/odtug-competition/tab-menu_203.html
  • 4. Re: Tab menu plugin
    695721 Newbie
    this a demo
    http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=63335:TABSUBMENU:0::NO:::
  • 5. Re: Tab menu plugin
    TexasApexDeveloper Guru
    What I am trying to say is, if you are having issues with this level of development in APEX, I would suggest you take a step back and work on the basics and then work your way up to developing with the more advanced subjects..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
    Dallas, TX
  • 6. Re: Tab menu plugin
    Nicolette Expert
    Ahmed

Thanks for liking the demo of the plugin enough to try it out. But I'm not sure if you understand what the purpose of the plugin is.

The basic idea of the plugin is to use the native tab concept of apex to make a "drop down" menu.
    For a "drop down" menu you have to have two levels. So parent tabs and standard tabs. (Shared components > tabs)

The demo application you have in your apex.oracle.com workspace uses only one level of tabs (Only standard tabs). So the plugin will not work in this application.

Unfortunately there is no way of a application that is set up for one level tabs to turn into a two level tabs application. So please set up a new two level tab application before we go in more detail of how to use the plugin.

Also have you read the Tab menu.pdf that is in the zip file. This has more detailed information than the readme file.
    And on the demo site in the sidebar you see exactly what the different settings for the region and plugin attributes are for the different menus shown there.
    Hover over the prompt of the attribute to get help on that particular attribute.

Nicolette van Baren
    (author of the plugin)
  • 7. Re: Tab menu plugin
    695721 Newbie
    hi Nicolette ,

yeah i know the plugin to make a "drop down" menu , and i use two level tabs in my application , and i found more option after i import the plugin and i create page zero and create region type plugin .. what else ?
  • 8. Re: Tab menu plugin
    695721 Newbie
    after i run the application i found this error

Error in PLSQL code raised during plug-in processing. ORA-20999: One or more templates are not defined
  • 9. Re: Tab menu plugin
    Nicolette Expert
    Ahmed

You get this error because the template name you have given by the region attributes of the plugin doesn't exists in your application.

Either set the template name to a template that already exists.

Or create a new template.
    In the example folder of the download file you can find a theme export with the page templates that I have used in the demo application.

Also at the plugin setting theme number must be set to the correct theme (aka the theme with the template you are using with the plugin). Or left empty if the template is part of the current theme.

With the template you control the html that is generated.
    How the menu looks is done by CSS. This can be in your main style sheet or in a seperate file which you can set at the region.

To get the right tabs generated you have to point the region to the right tab set. In your case that is "main".

Hope this is enough to get you started.

Nicolette
  • 10. Re: Tab menu plugin
    695721 Newbie
    Nicolette
    do you mean template name like 21. Scarlet
  • 11. Re: Tab menu plugin
    Nicolette Expert
    Ahmed

No "21. Scarlet" is the theme number and name.

The template name is the name of a page template like "Two Level Tabs - Right Sidebar (optional / table-based)"

Nicolette
  • 12. Re: Tab menu plugin
    695721 Newbie
    Nicolette

yeah i use template Two Level Tabs - Right Sidebar (optional / table-based)
    and also when i run the application i found this error

Error in PLSQL code raised during plug-in processing. ORA-20999: One or more templates are not defined
  • 13. Re: Tab menu plugin
    Nicolette Expert
    Ahmed

There is a plugin setting "Theme number" this is set to 101 in your application.

The template you use in the region settings must belong to this theme.

Change the "Theme number" plugin setting to either 21 or null. So that the current theme is used.

But since there have to be changes made to the template I would recommend to import the theme that is in the examples folder that came in the download.

Name of the file is Theme_page_templates.sql

How to import a theme.

Start the application builder
    Click import.
    Choose the file and set <File type> as theme export.
    Click <Next>
    After the file is succesfully loaded click <Next>
    Choose the application in which you want to use the theme.
    If the theme number of the imported theme is already in use you are asked if the existing one should be replaced or a different theme number should be used.
    Click <Next>
    Done.

Nicolette
  • 14. Re: Tab menu plugin
    695721 Newbie
    Nicolette
    thank you , but i am doing all this steps , but it's no use , still not working
    would you please make simple example in my workspace
    workspace : elnoor
    user : ahmed
    pass : 123456
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points