3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 11:44 AM by user485976

Owb 64-bit import tables from MS Access or Excel fails

Hello Everybody,

Problem: Import tables from MS Access does not work on 64-bit machine, 32-bit is no problem. Any help would be very much appreciated!

I’m trying to extract some data from a couple of MS Access databases using ODI CodeTemplates. Therefore I made a new platform and all the translations necessary from datasource specific datatypes to generic datatypes.
      This all works well on a 32-bit machine. When I import a couple of tables, I can see all the tables available of the MS Access database. When importing it takes about 50 seconds before getting a recap-screen with the tables being imported. All tables are imported correctly with all the correct datatypes.

Now I must do the same for a 64-bit machine + 64-bit OWB installation.

I downloaded the drivers from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 . It looks like the drivers are correctly installed on windows, I can see them in my “Datasources (ODBC)” screen in Windows. The adjustment in the location of OWB seems correct, when I test my connection I get the response “SUCCESSFUL”. When I try to make the import, I can see all the available tables. After selecting a couple of tables and click import, the screen immediately disappears. The import seems to be failed, but I get no errors on my screen. When I create a table manually with a couple of columns and select “VIEW DATA”, then the correct data is shown.

Does anyone have an idea what to do or what I can test or have a workaround? It’s a bit frustrating because it works fine on a 32-bit machine, using the same driver (but then of course the 32-bit version). Any help would be very much appreciated!

- Windows 2008 R2 standard
      - Driver class: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
      - ODBC Driver: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=<<path>>;')