5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2012 9:07 PM by rcc50886 RSS

Job Chain in RAC Environment

user258571
      Hi,
      i've a job chain defined in a RAC environment.
      I need that all the steps of my chain are performed on the same instance.
      How can i do this?
      Now stepA run on the instance 1 and stepB run on the instance 2.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Job Chain in RAC Environment
          onedbguru
          What version RAC/database? Just curious, but why does it matter that in only run on one node? If it is a file system write issue, use ACFS (11.2.0.x) to create a shared file system that all nodes can see. You can use "asmca" to create it.

When submitting the job from OEM Database Control (or Grid Control), there should be a way to set the INSTANCE_ID for the job. See the docs at:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e16760/d_sched.htm
          • 2. Re: Job Chain in RAC Environment
            user258571
            Rac is 11.2.
            I need to run a script to purge a directory on one node and then execute a procedure to generate a file in the same node.
            I cannot specify an instance_id in job definition because if the node is down the procedure doesn't work.
            • 3. Re: Job Chain in RAC Environment
              onedbguru
              Again, If it is a file system write issue, use ACFS (11.2.0.x) to create a shared file system that all nodes can see. What are you using to delete/create these files? A shell script?

1) create an ACFS file system of sufficient size to handle your data
              2) mkdir /some/acfs/location
              3) using sqlplus create a database directory " create directory foo as '/some/acfs/location' "
              4) put the file in this location
              5) use UTL_FILE to delete AND create the file (see fremove() - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e10577/u_file.htm)
              • 4. Re: Job Chain in RAC Environment
                user258571
                Hi,
                i cannot use ACFS.
                I'm using a custon shell script.
                Now i force it to use a single node.
                • 5. Re: Job Chain in RAC Environment
                  rcc50886
                  create a service that runs on specific node and use that service to schedule a job