2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2012 10:16 AM by fac586 RSS

TEXT field values passed on to next page for report purpose.

n_shah18
      HI

I am developing an application in which i have several text fields which (are mandate to generate report) want to pass it on next page , to generate report with it , i am not able to locate how to store those values entered by user and passs it on to next page.
      Kindly give your opnion and view on this .

Neel

ps I tried with query but , still that hidden obeject is not capable enough to do so.
        • 1. Re: TEXT field values passed on to next page for report purpose.
          fac586
          937896 wrote:
          HI
          Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your profile with a real handle instead of "937896".

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
          <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
          <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
          <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
          <li>Theme
          <li>Template(s)
          <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form) and if so, whether the tabular form is declarative—using only report attributes and a wizard generated MRU process—or manual—using apex_item calls in the query and custom processing—or some hybrid approach.)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
          I am developing an application in which i have several text fields which (are mandate to generate report) want to pass it on next page , to generate report with it , i am not able to locate how to store those values entered by user and passs it on to next page.

ps I tried with query but , still that hidden obeject is not capable enough to do so.
          It's not really clear what you are asking. Make sure you've taken the <i>Oracle® Database 2 Day + Application Express Developer's Guide</i> tutorial in order to understand basic APEX techniques and terminology.
          • 2. Re: TEXT field values passed on to next page for report purpose.
            DanielB
            create a field on the new page
            and when you use a button define the parameters and assignaments field target and value from field