1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 7:36 PM by 823590 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
        The issue appears to be caused by the installation order of JRE 7 and JRE 6. If you already have JRE7 installed, and then uninstall and reinstall JRE 6, you will see the issue. To resolve,avoid, the issue, anytime you upgraded, or reinstall JRE 6 - also uninstall and reinstall JRE 7.
        • 16. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
          Rogerl-Oracle
          user11257826 wrote:
          The issue appears to be caused by the installation order of JRE 7 and JRE 6. If you already have JRE7 installed, and then uninstall and reinstall JRE 6, you will see the issue. To resolve,avoid, the issue, anytime you upgraded, or reinstall JRE 6 - also uninstall and reinstall JRE 7.
          Are you installing 7u4+ ? This bug has been fixed in 7u4. Please let us know if you are still seeing this problem with 7u4.
          bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7092290
          download: http://jdk7.java.net/download.html

Out of curiosity, if you have installed JRE 7, do you still need to have JRE 6? Are you finding it necessary to continue to have 6?

-Roger
          • 17. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
            I had this problem with a Win7 Home Premium 64bit system. IE would not run without the ssvagent requesting permission to run and UAC authorization window appearing.

I uninstalled all old versions of Java.
            I uninstalled Java 7 update 3.
            I re-installed Java 7 update 3.

Problem solved.

Seems like an easy fix that Sun/Oracle could publicize more.

Give it a try and see if it solves the problem on machines experiencing the same error as mine.
            • 18. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
              I am getting this prompt every time I go into IE9. I am running Windows 7 and have Java 7 U4 installed. I have tried un installing all Java via the control panel, rebooted, run a Norton registry cleanup etc. rebooted and installed Java 7 U4 afresh but still same problem.

When I run the "Do you have Java installed" test on java.com, I get an error message - it doesn't come back successfully. I have tried all teh recommended actions listed there.

When I look at the Java console it states Product 1.7.0_04 and has a tick in the enabled column.

I have run out of ideas. Any help?

Thanks
              • 19. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
                gimbal2
                user799242 wrote:
                When I run the "Do you have Java installed" test on java.com, I get an error message - it doesn't come back successfully.
                64 bits Java runtime on a 64 bits windows 7? Make sure you are running the 64 bits version of IE then (which is NOT the default!) For the 32 bits version of IE you can install the 32 bits Java runtime (next to the 64 bits one, that is no problem).
                • 20. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
                  Which version of 6 did you have? What is your UAC setting? Can you please try 7u4 and see if that helps? You probably need to click "Yes" once when IE first run after installing 7u4.
                  • 21. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
                    I am not sure which version of 6 I had, it usually updates automatically. Would 6 3 be right? I am currently running 7U4 now and getting the prompt whenever I go into IE after windows login and so do my kids when they use their login.

I have one Admin account and the rest are all user accounts. The prompt happens for Admin and our user accounts. It only started happening recently - may have been when it updated to 7U4.

I tried running the Java test in Chrome and got error testJava_1TestVMApplet.class ClassNotFoundException
                    • 22. Re: Windows 7: ssvagent.exe prompt constantly with IE...
                      Your issue might be different than what 923797 discussed. What do you see in the expanded view for Java when you type chrome://plugins ? Does the exception only happens in Chrome? How about other browsers? Can other Applets load in Chrome and other browsers?
                      1 2 Previous Next