This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 8:58 AM by 805445 RSS

How to Migrate from CCA to CCOD

939478 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi , I have an upcoming project, where Customer has on premises CCA installed and since CCA is end of support by Oracle now. Now there is requirement
to upgrade it to CCOD. Please advise steps and Documents , which need to be followed for this Migration from CCA ----> CCOD with Siebel Integration plus.
My e-mail id is pragatimasu2003@gmaiul.com, Feel free to e-mail me with your suggestions. Thank
  • 1. Re: How to Migrate from CCA to CCOD
    805445 Newbie
    Can you be more specific about 'upgrade' Are you responsable for switching over the T1 lines? Or are you talking IVR scripts & agents, workgroups, reports, etc.?

No matter what, you aren't going to like the answer...
  • 2. Re: How to Migrate from CCA to CCOD
    939478 Newbie
    Can you be more specific about 'upgrade' Are you responsable for switching over the T1 lines? Or are you talking IVR scripts & agents, workgroups, reports, etc.?

Basically I have a clinet who has CCA running right now. And we have project to upgrade it CCOD and do the integration with Siebel.
    Yes, I may need to do the Call center programming here (IVR, Agents, work Flow). However, I am new in CCOD and CCA, so if you can assist in what is the exact process/steps if we want to Migrate our Client's system from CCA to CCOD ?
    Also, please note we are the business partner for Oracle.
  • 3. Re: How to Migrate from CCA to CCOD
    805445 Newbie
    I would think CCOD operations could provide you with some documentation for a premise based install migrating to CCOD.

IMHO if you are new to CCA, you shouldn't be the person to do this work. It would be the CCA admins that would be responsable. I'm assuming this is a live callcenter so the cut over will have to be carefully planned and cooridnated with the CCOD ops folks. Before the cut over you will have to manually duplicate all the configuration on the CCOD site and test. Im sure they can set you up with a pilot number to dial in and use for this.
  • 4. Re: How to Migrate from CCA to CCOD
    939478 Newbie
    Agreed...But I have to do this Migration. I am still looking for the Step by step procedure to do this. CCA is on premises installation , while in case of CCOD all servers are with Oracle and only few access are givven to Business partners. So while doing migration, how it would go from CCA --> CCOD, I need to understand the stepss....Or if there is any document which says about this ?
  • 5. Re: How to Migrate from CCA to CCOD
    805445 Newbie
    The ugly answer -

You completely, manually duplicate the environment in CCOD that exists in CCA, users, reports, workgroups, etc. etc. etc. Once you duplicate the environment, they you test, test test.

I have no idea how you would get your historical information out of your premise DB into CCOD.

Even if you had access to the CCOD database - which you don't, you would have to engage with Oracle consulting to see if a database migration tool is available. And the database is only part of the migration. There is the configuration of the other processes (which you don't have access to) in CCOD.

Again - check with Oracle's CCOD group to see if there is any documentation to assist you

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points