This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 12:58 PM by 942268 RSS

How to calculate average accuracy?

942268 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I was just wondering how the average accuracy is calculated? What's the difference between that and overall accuracy? In the performance section

Edited by: 939265 on Jun 7, 2012 7:51 AM
  • 1. Re: How to calculate average accuracy?
    Mark Kelly Oracle ACE
    Hi,
    Here are some definitions provided by Data Miner Online help for Classification metrics. There are more details in the online help regarding lift, roc, predictive confidence etc.
    ODMr, by default, will try to optimize the Average Accuracy. This insures that the less frequent target class values are not ignored in favor of optimizing for the most frequently occurring class value. You can change this default behavior by adjusting the settings on the Model's Performance tab.
    Thanks, Mark

Average Accuracy
    Accuracy refers to the percentage of correct predictions made by the model when compared with the actual classifications in the test data
    The average per-class accuracy achieved at a specific probability threshold that is greater than the accuracy achieved at all other possible thresholds.

Overall Accuracy
    Accuracy refers to the percentage of correct predictions made by the model when compared with the actual classifications in the test data
    The simple accuracy of the model.
  • 2. Re: How to calculate average accuracy?
    942268 Newbie
    Thanks I appreciate it for whatever reason I couldn't find it in the documentation only overall accuracy

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points