This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 10:01 AM by rzuluaga - Oracle RSS

Changing stand-alone report server name

user10406174 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are upgrading to forms and reports 11g (11.1.2)

Is there a way to change or add an alias to the stand-alone report server?

Right now it is RepSvr_<SERVER_NAME>_<INSTANCE_NAME> and would like it to be something like reportserver.

Thanks,
Tom

Edited by: user10406174 on Jun 7, 2012 10:40 AM
  • 1. Re: Changing stand-alone report server name
    rzuluaga - Oracle Expert
    Hi Tom,
    there is no magic trick to rename standalone reports server in 11g. You need to delete it and then create a new one with the name you want.

Example
    opmnctl deletecomponent-adminUsername <username> -adminHost <hostname> -adminPort <AdminServer port> -oracleHome <oracle_home_path> -oracleInstance <oracle_instance_path> -instanceName <instance_name> -componentName <Reports Server name> -componentType ReportsServerComponent

opmnctl createcomponent -adminUsername <username> -adminHost <hostname> -adminPort <AdminServer port> -oracleHome <oracle_home_path> -oracleInstance <oracle_instance_path> -instanceName <instance_name> -componentName <Reports Server name> -componentType ReportsServerComponent

Regards, RZ
  • 2. Re: Changing stand-alone report server name
    897479 Newbie
    Hi Rz

Been fighting with this one for a few days now ...not sure why it wouldnt start the Report Server ..kept complaiing that a Report Server of the same name existed .... I cant see how

Anyway found your thread ..and deleted the existing server and created a new one ....
    Thanks
  • 3. Re: Changing stand-alone report server name
    AlokDubey Newbie
    You can find out the list of report servers running in the network using the following command.
    rwdiag.bat –findall
  • 4. Re: Changing stand-alone report server name
    rzuluaga - Oracle Expert
    Thanks for the update.

I am glad that this information helped you.

If you considered this as an answered post then mark it as answered.

Regards, RZ
  • 5. Re: Changing stand-alone report server name
    pauldb Newbie
    I have a similar issue. I have a report server that will not start, saying a report server with the same name already exists in the network, we only have the one application server, i deleted the report server with the deletecomponent command, I then ran rwdiag.sh -FindAll and the report server is still listed.

Does the Application Server have to be restarted every time a change like this occurs?

I'm running 11.1.1.4.

Paul
  • 6. Re: Changing stand-alone report server name
    rzuluaga - Oracle Expert
    Hi Paul,
    it is very likely that the reports server process is still running and that is the cause why you are getting that error. I am not sure your platform but you can run on unix "ps -ef | grep rwserver" and see if the old standalone reports server is there. Kill -9 it.

Hope this helps

Roberto

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points