3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 1:56 AM by user9154218 RSS

Cluster Configuration in WebLogic 10.3.5

Miguel Angel
      I have some doubts about clustering in WebLogic.

1) I have created two MS(Managed Servers) in one machine: MS1(port 7003),MS2(port 7013). The MS2 should be the backup for MS1 when something wrong happens. So MS1 and MS2 have to be agreggated to my cluster configuration or just MS2?

2) I have created the cluster ,with the Admin Console, assuming I have to agregate just MS2. ¿Do I need to do another configuration? I don't know exactly what are the steps to complete the cluster.
        • 1. Re: Cluster Configuration in WebLogic 10.3.5
          Hi Miguel,

Have a look into the Enterprise Deployment Guide, maybe you be interested in Server Migration. Unfortunately there is no "fast track" for clustering and HA.

• 2. Re: Cluster Configuration in WebLogic 10.3.5
            Hola, you need to add both managedServers to the cluster, you should read this document:

Oracle® Fusion Middleware Using Clusters for Oracle WebLogic Server

Edited by: rlomas on May 30, 2012 11:39 AM

Edited by: rlomas on May 30, 2012 3:03 PM
            • 3. Re: Cluster Configuration in WebLogic 10.3.5

You are going in the right track.

First make sure that you have a standalone server,in your case (AdminServer) to distribute the requests to the other Managed servers.

1)Create the two managed servers.

2)Add all the servers in the cluster

3)create a machine and add MS1 and MS2.

4)Run the node manager from the directory <oracle_home>/wlserver10.3/server/bin/nodemanager.cmd

5)Now try to start the managed servers.
              optionally...add the below argument in the managed servers... Home >Summary of Servers >Summary of Clusters >Cluster_1 >ms1

-Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Clustering achieved-

But wait, now this is not the end of things... :)

Now you need to achieve Load balancing, to actually see how the clustering behaves.