3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 4:37 AM by Arunbodap-Oracle RSS

NameError problem configuring MDS on weblogic 10.3.6 WLST

vijai
      Hi,

I am trying to configure an mds repository using WLST. So the steps I followed were.

1. In started the scripting tool from the start menu.

It was in offline.

2. So I connected to the weblogic server using the connect('user','pass','host:port') command.

It connected successfully.

3. I tried to get the MDS configurations from my application ear file bu using the command
      archive = getMDSArchiveConfig(fromLocation='D:/ear/app.ear')
      It was throwing me an error,

Traceback (innermost last):
      File "<console>", line 1, in ?
      NameError: getMDSArchiveConfig

I can see the command is not considered even though valid......
        • 1. Re: NameError problem configuring MDS on weblogic 10.3.6 WLST
          Arunbodap-Oracle
          This is because WLST does not understand this command as this is a custom command.
          To use these MDS custom WLST commands, you must invoke the WLST script from the Oracle Common home.

Please review the below documentation on invoking WLST for customer commands, it describes the clear steps:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28271_01/core.1111/e10105/getstart.htm#ASADM10692

Arun
          • 2. Re: NameError problem configuring MDS on weblogic 10.3.6 WLST
            vijai
            Hi arun,

I got a lead in this but still havent forund the solution.

My weblogic scripting tool does not give me this MDSrepositoryadmin/getMDSArchieveConfig command when I type help ('MDSrepositoryadmin')/ help('getMDSArchieveConfig ')...... it shows 'No help found for this.....'

The above means I have no MSD managing commands in my wlst reach.... How can I import them into mine
            • 3. Re: NameError problem configuring MDS on weblogic 10.3.6 WLST
              Arunbodap-Oracle
              This still indicates that either the classpath is not set with the jar containing those custom commands functionality
              I will suggest you to perform the following as a workaround:
              Set the environment using the "setDomainEnv.sh" OR "setDomainEnv.cmd" script from the domain that has the MDS application deployed.
              For example,
              > > cd <Domain_Home>/bin
              > > . ./setDomainEnv.sh
              > {the ". " dot-space is intentional for linux environments and if it is windows you just call >setDomainEnv.cmd}
              > > java weblogic.WLST

One more thing I noticed is a spell error in your commands "getMDSArchieveConfig" should be "getMDSArchiveConfig". If it was a typo on the forum then focus on the above suggestion.nt

Arun