This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2012 7:27 PM by 922971 RSS

Issue in passing multiple values to a presentation variable in 11.1.1.5.0

922971 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts,

I have requirement where I want to calculate a %age of codes in a set of codes ( means let's say I have selected 10 codes(1 to 10) in that I want to calculate %age of 1st, 2nd code eg: total 10 codes count =1000 and code1 count =100 and code2 count =90 then the calculation should be %age= ((100+90)/1000) * 100=19%.
procedure code is a dimension column and it is varchar.

And here, I want to give a user to pick the set of codes (Numerator(Nr), Denominator(Dr)) as a prompt in the dashboard, for that I created a 2 presentation variables (proc,proctotal) for Nr, Dr as prompts and passing that to the column formula where I created using that variables.

Nr formula: (sum(cast(case when"Procedure"."Procedure Code" IN('@{proc}') then 1 else 0 end as double)))

Dr formula: (sum(cast(case when"Procedure"."Procedure Code" IN('@{proctotal}') then 1 else 0 end as double)))

third column

100*(sum(cast(case when"Procedure"."Procedure Code" IN('@{proc}') then 1 else 0 end as double)))/(sum(cast(case when"Procedure"."Procedure Code" IN('@{proctotal}') then 1 else 0 end as double)))

If I enter only one code(Nr, Dr) in prompts i am getting results, if I enter multiple codes giving results as zero's

can someone please put some inputs , or another approach, really appreciate your answers.

Thanks
KP

Edited by: 919968 on Jun 9, 2012 7:27 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points