8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 11:10 AM by rukbat RSS

Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned

I rebooted my M4000 because it locked up on a few processes, and now it constantly reboots.
      {0}ok
      Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
      %TL:1 %TT:34 %TPC:f0009020 %TnPC:f0009024 %TSTAT:886a001600 %PSTATE:16 (IE:1 PRIV:1 PEF:1)
      DSFSR:2280804b ( FV:1 OW:1 PR:1 E;1 TM:1 ASI:80 NC:1 BRTO:1 )
      DSFAR:31 DSFPAR:403180200000 D-TAG:0

Type Boot, go (Continue), or login.

At boots, it just constantly reboots and goes back through it's checks and then brings me back to this.
      SunOS 5.10 SPARC.

POST Sequence Complete and then it says rebooting with command: boot /pci@0,6000000/pci@0/pci@8/pci@0/scsi@1/disk@0,0:a

Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
          I've seen those errors when I have had a bad memory chip on the hardware. Best to send an explorer off to Sun.
          • 2. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
            That's really what I'm thinking it might be. I completely powered it off / removed power and opened it up and reseated all memory cards. When my console machine logs back in, I'm going to power it back up and see what happens.
            • 3. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
              I had another M4000 here so I removed the entire ram bank from this M4000 and swapped it with the other one and now I'm no longer seeing the memory address not aligned errors, however; it seems to just reset / reboot.

I can enter single user mode if at the >boot cdrom --s and mount the hard drive and running fsck on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 returns no errors. If I run a reboot though, it goes back to
              boot
              Os-io hostname unknown
              the file system /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 is being checked
              syncing file systems... done
              Rebooting...
              Resetting...
              Post 2.14.0
              And then back to the post.

Is this hardware or is this something wrong config wise? I'm at a total loss here and I need to get the system back up ASAP.

Thanks for all the help.
              • 4. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
                I need to get the system back up ASAP.
                Your time constraints aren't anyone's concern here in these user-to-user forums.
                This isn't Techsupport. No one is being paid to respond with suggestions.

Contact Oracle support, use your service contract credentials and privileges, and log a Support Request. For a computer system that is that expensive to purchase, you have a service contract.
                • 5. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
                  It wasn't meant as a directive, it was I'm trying to find information. I understand this isn't technical support and I apologize about that comment. People here have been more than helpful with problems and issues and if it offended, again, I do apologize.
                  • 6. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
                    That's fine.

It just that it has been more than four days since you initially posted the inquiry to the forum. In all but the most remote locations on this World of ours, a SR logged with TechSupport could have had a field service engineer into your data center by now.
                    • 7. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
                      It's a special case here that I can't go into details of why a service person can not come to where this machine is located, but that's neither here nor there.

As an aside, I was able to achieve single usermode with the cdrom drive and reading on other forums, tried doing a boot -f "failsafe" and it rebooted correctly after post. Also, not having the hostname was a problem, which I can't seem to understand since it had, static defined IP addresses. Now, I'm rebooting again, and seeing if it will boot correctly this time without the restart / reboot errors that I was seeing since it now isn't giving me the Hostname undefined message.

Now, I'm getting other errors, but it is rebooting! So I'm happy, I think I can figure out everything else on my own.
                      • 8. Re: Error: Last Trap: Memory Address not aligned
                        Best of luck to you.