4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 1:32 AM by 959229 RSS

How to convert a PDF to XML?

Unfortunately, after googling for over 4 hours I came up empty on converting PDF to XML. There are web-sites for this. But they don't give a complete solution.

How can we do this???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: How to convert a PDF to XML?

Could you please elaborate your requirement.

What for do you want to convert it into XML?

R. Bala
          • 2. Re: How to convert a PDF to XML?
            • 3. Re: How to convert a PDF to XML?
              You are correct. There are many websites out there that claim to do this. Almost all of them simply do a slightly better job than cutting & pasting the data off the PDF using reader. This rarely gives you results that will save any time.

The only one I've found that actually works is a product called EDI Link Connect. They too are a website but the difference is that they create a template that matches your PDF so you can convert any non-scanned PDF into a XML or CSV file to match your requirements exactly. So Invoices, Purchase orders, reports can all be converted to the EXACT datafile you need for your purposes. Its also 100% accurate which is extremely important. I've used them a few times for clients of mine who want to eliminate the data entry of various business documents they have.

The site is http://ecdynamics.com/pdf-conversion.php

Hope that helps,
              • 4. Re: How to convert a PDF to XML?
                Hi All,

These conversions are done manually.

How do we convert a pdf into xml through CAS with data mapped appropriately?

PDF has both free text and tables.

Thanks in advance,