5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 2:55 PM by anthiell RSS

oracle grid control in AIX 7.1

Hi,

Iam new to oracle and I want to install oracle 11g and also oracle grid control in AIX 7.1.

Kindly can anyone let me know confirm that AIX 7.1 is certified to install oracle product.

Also please share me the installation guide for EM grid control on AIX 7.1

Regards,
      Arun
        • 1. Re: oracle grid control in AIX 7.1
          Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
          Hi Arun,

12C Cloud Control is supported on AIX 7.1.

Follow the document provided below which helps you to understand the Installation procedure along with the pre-reqs:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e22624/toc.htm

Best Regards,
          Venkat
          • 2. Re: oracle grid control in AIX 7.1
            kuljeet singh -
            Understanding Enterprise Manager Certification (Certify) in My Oracle Support [ID 406906.1]
            • 3. Re: oracle grid control in AIX 7.1
              Thanks Venkat,

Could u pls also let me know what is the difference between grid control and grid infrastructure ?..
              • 4. Re: oracle grid control in AIX 7.1
                Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
                Hi,

Grid Control & Grid Infrastructure are completely 2 different entities.

Grid Infrastructure:*
                The Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server is the Oracle software that provides system support for an Oracle database including volume management, file system, and automatic restart capabilities. If you plan to use Oracle Restart or Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM), then you must install Oracle Grid Infrastructure before you install and create the database. Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server is the software that includes Oracle Restart and Oracle ASM. Oracle combines the two infrastructure products into a single set of binaries that is installed as the Oracle Grid Infrastructure home.

Oracle ASM is a volume manager and a file system for Oracle database files that supports single-instance Oracle Database and Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) configurations. Oracle ASM also supports a general purpose file system for your application needs including Oracle Database binaries. Oracle ASM is Oracle's recommended storage management solution that provides an alternative to conventional volume managers, file systems, and raw devices.

Grid Control:*
                Grid Control delivers centralized management functionality for the complete Oracle IT infrastructure, including systems running Oracle and non-Oracle technologies. With a broad set of administration, configuration management, provisioning, end-to-end monitoring, and security capabilities, Oracle Grid Control reduces the cost and complexity of managing grid computing environments. Robust service level management functionality within Oracle Grid Control dramatically improves service levels through rich transaction and end-user performance monitoring and deep diagnostics for multi-tier Internet applications. Oracle Grid Control also offers a comprehensive extensibility framework for management of custom applications and integration with other management tools. These capabilities allow companies to deliver superior performance for their systems and applications, while continually reducing management complexity and costs.

Best Regards,
                Venkat
                • 5. Re: oracle grid control in AIX 7.1
                  anthiell
                  Hi Arun...

All oracle documentation can be found at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/documentation/index.html

Certifications for oracle products can be found on My Oracle Support under the 'certifications' tab. For GRID and the DB you will want to search for the following:

Enterprise Manager Base Platform - OMS
                  Oracle Database RDBMS