0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 5:31 AM by RdaveR RSS

Replacing Oracle Interconnect

RdaveR
      Hi All

First a bit of background ...

We have had a successful integration of our E-Business 11.5.10 system to an external system using Oracle Interconnect and a soap adaptor.

Oracle E-Business <-> Oracle Interconnect <-> Soap Adaptor <-> External System.

We have now upgraded to E-Business R12.1.3 and have decided to move away from Oracle Interconnect as it is no longer supported.

Looking through the available documentation it would appear that SOA/BPEL is the all singing, all dancing solution to system integrations, but rather than start at the top, if possible I would like to make the minimum amount of changes.

So my questions are ......

1) Is it possible just to replace Oracle Interconnect with Oracle Service Bus

Oracle E-Business <-> Oracle Service Bus <-> Soap Adaptor <-> External System.

2) Do we need Oracle Service Bus or can we just use SOA Integration Options for Oracle E-Business Suite

SOA Integration Options for Oracle E-Business Suite <-> Soap Adaptor <-> External System.

We have some funding available for training but I want to make sure that which ever course we chose SOA/BPEL/Oracle Service Bus will contain the concepts we require to do the interface.

So any advice(links to documentation) would be gratefully received.

Regards

Dave