This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 11:36 PM by Adnan.Rafi RSS

rwclient.sh command line

943841 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,I've searched a lot of forums to know how can the username and passwords are hided when we invoke reports through rwclient.sh.I am getting a perfect output if I issue a rwclient.sh but I am hardcoding userid parameter while issuing the command.

I would like to hide it.Have gone through cgicmd.dat but all the examples I got is with respect to URL based reports requests.

Can anybody have a fair idea to hide the username and password and to handle the rwclient.

Am using oracle 10g

Mani
  • 1. Re: rwclient.sh command line
    rzuluaga - Oracle Expert
    Hi Many,
    Use CMDFILE to call a file that contains reports command line arguments. The file called must be an ASCII file, either .txt or any other ASCII-type file. CMDFILE differs from the cgicmd.dat file, in that CMDFILE can contain one command line for one report, where the cgicmd.dat file can contain multiple key-identified commands for multiple reports. The CMDFILE keyword enables you to run a report without specifying a large number of arguments each time you invoke a run.

Follow the steps given below:

1.Create a text file "pwd.txt" containing one line: userid=username/password@database, e.g.:
    userid=scott/tiger@v901

2. Run rwclient.sh using this file pwd.txt:
    rwclient.sh report=test.rdf cmdfile=pwd.txt destype=file desformat=pdf desname=out.pdf server=test

This would not display login information in ps -ef output.

Hope this helps, RZ
  • 2. Re: rwclient.sh command line
    943841 Newbie
    Yes tried this solution and its working fine.

right now I am discussing this solution with oas team as they are against storing the password in a plain text file. will let you know.

Thank you
  • 3. Re: rwclient.sh command line
    Adnan.Rafi Newbie

Why dont you use 

Oracle Wallet Secure external password file

check following link

ORACLE-BASE - Secure External Password Store

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points