This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 12:39 AM by fac586 RSS

two level raport

944068 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have raport in Apex with many columns and all columns do not fit on one page.

I would like have two,three items in one columns.(raport with two,three level)

I have sql

select
"some_table"."items_1" as "column_1",
"some_table"."items_2" as "column_2",
"some_table"."items_3" as "column_3",
"some_table"."items_4" as "column_4",
"some_table"."items_5" as "column_5",
"some_table"."items_6" as "column_6"
from "some_table" "some_table"

next to I change my sql :
select
'Details1: '||"some_table"."items_1"||' '||"some_table"."items_2"||' '||"some_table"."items_3" as "column_1",
'Details2: '||"some_table"."items_4"||' '||"some_table"."items_5"||' '||"some_table"."items_6" as "column_2"

I change six columns on two columns but I have problem because I would like have items in new lines.

Edited by: 941065 on 2012-06-15 15:14
  • 1. Re: two level raport
    fac586 Guru
    941065 wrote:
    Hi,
    Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your profile with a real handle instead of "941065".

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
    <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
    <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
    <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
    <li>Theme
    <li>Template(s)
    <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
    I have raport with many columns and all columns do not fit on one page.

I would like have two,three items in one columns.(raport with two,three level)

I have sql
    select 
    "some_table"."items_1" as "column_1",
    "some_table"."items_2" as "column_2",
    "some_table"."items_3" as "column_3",
    "some_table"."items_4" as "column_4",
    "some_table"."items_5" as "column_5",
    "some_table"."items_6" as "column_6"
    Quoted/case sensitive identifiers are evil and will cause nothing but trouble in Oracle. Recreate your database objects using default case insensitive identifiers.
    next to I change my sql :
    select 
    'Details1: '||"some_table"."items_1"||' '||"some_table"."items_2"||' '||"some_table"."items_3" as "column_1",
    'Details2: '||"some_table"."items_4"||' '||"some_table"."items_5"||' '||"some_table"."items_6" as "column_2"
    Don't do this. Keep columns separate.
    I change six columns on two columns but I have problem because I would like have items in new lines.
    The report layout needs to use a custom named column template in which you define the required structure using HTML.
  • 2. Re: two level raport
    944068 Newbie
    Oki I added info in my profile. I have account on apex.oracle.com and I do my project in apex.oracle.com

In my raport with two level. should I write html's code?

I click right mouse's button on body and I check create next to I chceck html and after in Region Source I must write html's code?
  • 3. Re: two level raport
    fac586 Guru
    debskid wrote:
    Oki I added info in my profile. I have account on apex.oracle.com and I do my project in apex.oracle.com

In my raport with two level. should I write html's code?
    Yes. In a named column report template.
    I click right mouse's button on body and I check create next to I chceck html and after in Region Source I must write html's code?
    No.

See:

<li>About Generic Column Templates and Named Column Templates
    <li>Report Column Template Attributes for Named Column Templates

and the online help from the property labels on the Report Row Template page.

1. Go to: Shared Components > Templates > Create

2. In the wizard select: Report > From Scratch

3. Enter/select:

Name: [Your report template name]
    Theme: [Your current theme]
    Template Class: Custom 1
    Template Type: Named Column (row template)

4. Click Create.

5. Click the Status Report link in the Templates report.

6. Enter the following properties:

Row Template 1
    <!-- Add any class attributes on TD elements from the Standard report template for your current theme -->
    <tr><td headers="column-1">#1#</td><td headers="column-2">#2#</td><td headers="column-3">#3#</td></tr>
    <tr><td headers="column-4">#4#</td><td headers="column-5">#5#</td><td headers="column-6">#6#</td></tr>
    Before Rows
    <!-- Copy the Before Rows definition from the Standard report template for your current theme and paste here -->
    <!-- Add any class attributes on TH elements from the Standard report template for your current theme -->
    <thead>
      <tr><th id="column-1">#1#</th><th id="column-2">#2#</th><th id="column-3">#3#</th></tr>
      <tr><th id="column-4">#4#</th><th id="column-5">#5#</th><th id="column-6">#6#</th></tr>
    </thead>
    After Rows
    <!-- Copy the After Rows definition from the Standard report template for your current theme and paste here -->

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points