Can you let us know the parameters that you have used for connecting using Beem client
Lavanya2 wrote:Works great, thanks
I have registered my android phone and received a mail from beehive team that they launched an IM client for Android users.
As per the mail BEEM is the only certified/supported/approved method to send and receive Oracle instant messages on an Android device. Any other clients/applications that may be in use on the device are in violation of Acceptable Use Policy and must be uninstalled immediately.
Followed the instructions at [BEEM on your Android device|http://my.oracle.com/site/pdit/BusinessOpsIT/Collab/BeemForAndroid] and it works like charm, loving it.
I got Xabber to work, it has way better support for group chats.
It was tricky to get set up, but it does work.
Key settings seem to be
Do not put @oracle.com after that
custom host checked
port: 5222 (this one supports TLS)
Use SASL Auth checked
TLS/SSL: Enable TLS
Use Compression Unchecked
Then it works, and is by far the best client I've seen so far.
Hooray! I just got Xabber working for Android as well. I'm an Oracle consultant based in the US. Here are my settings:
Password: your email password
Custom Host: Checked
Use SASL Authentication: checked
TLS/SSL: Use legacy SSL
Use compression: unchecked
Store message history: unchecked
There are probably variations of these settings that also work as well. If you read the posts above mine, you'll find some variations that may also work.
Installed BEEM and it works perfectly fine.
Though few challenges I faced while installing BEEM.
1) The instructions at [BEEM on your Android device|http://my.oracle.com/site/pdit/BusinessOpsIT/Collab/BeemForAndroid] automatically redirects me to this page http://my.oracle.com/site/pdit/BusinessOpsIT/Collab/Initiatives/cnt1666885.htm.
I had to manually stop the redirection by clicking on browser stop button.
2) I see BEEM making connection on default port 5222, though as per previous updates XMPP (The beehive uses this chat protocol) by default is on TCP port 5222. This port is blocked on the Oracle firewalls and only 5223 port is available from Internet to the Oracle Network.
On my PC I use port 5223 to connect and when I use 5222 connection fails, while on BEEM it is the other way around .
On BEEM I tried to connect on port 5223 and the connection failed, I was only able to make successful connection only on default port 5222. This is weird.
If you are having issues with the link, try this one instead:
Guys the easy Steps to Login in Pidgin or Beehive Chat in Your Android Phone is Here
1. Download Xabber from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xabber.android&hl=en of-course its a free app. Install it and Open.
2. Open Settings
3. Goto XMPP accounts - Manage your Accounts
4. Add Account
5. Enter User name : firstname.lastname@example.org
Check - Store Password
Password : ***********
Server : oracle.com
Check - Custom Host
Host : stbeehive.oracle.com
Port : 5223
Resource : stbeehive
Priority : 5
Check - Use SASL Authentication
TLS/SSL Usage : Select Legacy SSL
And Press Back Key
It will try to connect and it will definitely connect. Be sure to use your correct Oracle User Name and Password .
Now if You want to connect any chat room here is the trick
After Login into your chat account
1. Goto Options and select More.
2. Select Join Conference.
3. Enter the Following Details
Multi User Chat Server : conference.oracle.com
Conference : name of chat room you want to join
nick : name to be shown in chat room (normally user name)
Password : ********* (Oracle's Password)
Check - Join Conference
And you are done now.