1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 5:59 AM by 882807 RSS

OSM cartridges Order To Activate - Danube vs Nile

user9289038
      Hi all,

I'm working with OSM 7 and the Order To Activate cartridges and I have to decide which pattern (Danube or Nile) I need to use for my development. According to the documentation Danube is used with single instances (one CRM, one BRM, one Provision system) and Nile is used for multiple instances (for example 3 BRMs). Both patterns are examples provided by Oracle. I understand that I can start my development using the Danube pattern and, in the future, if I need to add new BRM systems I can modify my code. I mean, I guess that there is no limitation in these cartridges, so starting with one of them does not imply that I can't modify it and adapt it to the other one functionality.
      Is this is correct? Does anyone know the difference between these patterns? Danube is included in Nile? I mean, can I use Nile for single instances (one CRM, one BRM, one Provision system)?
      Thank you in advance for your help!
        • 1. Re: OSM cartridges Order To Activate - Danube vs Nile
          Hi,

I believe, you know all these terminologies like Danube Flow-Simple Topology & Nile Flow-Typical Topology. Danube flow is very simple flow and it has been combined with Simple Topology but where Nile Flow is complex one which is combined Typical Topology.

There is no hard core rule about the usage as they are just logical representation. One can always define a new flow- new topology using OSM's Design Studio.
          But If you want to use Nile Flow for Simple Topology then you might need to make some changes in the existing Out Of The Box(OOTB) cartridges.

I would suggest the approach that you have mentioned here starting with Danube Flow- Simple Topology.

For more information on the above mentioned terminologies, please refer to the Oracle OSM docs

1)Documentation for Oracle Communications Order and Service Management Media Pack v2
          2)Documentation for Oracle Communications Order and Service Management 7.0.3 Cartridges for Oracle Application Integration Architecture Media Pack v1

Thanks
          Naveen Jabade