This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2012 7:14 PM by onedbguru RSS

Oracle RAC One Node

user12215372 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone, i have a question i hope somebody can help me,
We need to implement Oracle RAC One Node, but when i install the software of oracle database 11.2.0.3 i see two options: Oracle RAC One Node and Oracle RAC, so i understand that i must select Oracle RAC One Node but and also i know that i can convert of RAC One Node to RAC my database. But my question is what different i have in choose RAC ONe Node or RAC in the screen of installation for example other executables, etc, because i want to be sure that i won't have problems in the future. Thank you
  • 1. Re: Oracle RAC One Node
    damorgan Oracle ACE Director
    Your question is not clear which is, I suspect, why no one has responded up to now attempting to give you an answer.

Are you asking what the advantage of if RAC One Node over having a single stand-alone instance?
  • 2. Re: Oracle RAC One Node
    user12215372 Newbie
    Hi, my question which is the difference between choose the option of Oracle RAC or Oracle RAC One Node in the installer of database, if i can create databases in RAC with the option of ORacle RAC One node.

It is my question.
  • 3. Re: Oracle RAC One Node
    damorgan Oracle ACE Director
    RAC one node is a different product with different licensing than RAC. Install what you are licensed for.
  • 4. Re: Oracle RAC One Node
    user12215372 Newbie
    Hi Damorgan, but for example if i install Oracle Database Software with the option Oracle RAC One Node and i create with the DBCA a database with RAC and not RAC One Node, i must pay licence of RAC One Node or RAC?
  • 5. Re: Oracle RAC One Node
    onedbguru Pro
    user12215372 wrote:
    Hi Damorgan, but for example if i install Oracle Database Software with the option Oracle RAC One Node and i create with the DBCA a database with RAC and not RAC One Node, i must pay licence of RAC One Node or RAC?
    simple answer. Don't configure a RAC database. Configure a RAC-One-Node database. The only difference is that one is cluster_database=0 vs. cluster_database=1.

As Daniel said, create/install/configure only that for which you are licensed. It also sounds like your company did not do a very good job at negotiating the licenses they seem to require and just settled for less than the requirement. Your Oracle salesman is like a car salesman. He is going to try to get as much out of you as he can. The negotiator for your company needs to realize that. And never accept their first offer.

Edited by: onedbguru on Jun 24, 2012 7:11 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points