3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 4:16 AM by MichaelSmithson RSS

New install of Primavera P6 errors

Hello Guys,

I am just a regular sysadmin and was tasked with migrating this application to our citrix environment

What i did is that i installed this Primavera P6 version on Windows 2003 Std R2 and hosted the DB i exported elsewhere to our other server running SQL Express 2008. Later on i realize that this is not really a supported configuration (SQL 2008 Express) but without a more suitable environment i had to let it be. I have then manage to launch the app, logon with existing user accounts etc but i have always having this 'unable to schedule background jobs' error before the logon prompt

I have then tried to use the prmbackgroundagent.exe fix but the error do not seem to go away - however this does not seem to affect the users so i took time to find solution

Weeks later users reported these errors, event code PRMDB 2345-7 (I have screen shots but do not know how to add in here). Not sure if this is related to the above or a different kind ? (Error message from the screenshot as below). If below is related to the above - is there a way for me to use SQL way of manually scheduling the background jobs and/or if setting that 'autogrowth' thing will fix all this ?

=========================
      Exception : EprmDBSQLExecutionFailure

Type : EprmDBSQLExecutionFailure
      Event Code : PRMDB-2345-7
      Description :

PRM DBAccess Error: Database Server Error: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TASK'.'ndx_task_proj_rsrc' in database 'pmdb$primavera' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup

Big thanks
        • 1. Re: New install of Primavera P6 errors
          jkleinman
          SQL 2008 Express is limited to 4gb of data. I'd be willing to bet you're at that limit.

There's no real solution to that, except upgrading to a full version or SQL Server, even the included Oracle XE has the same size limitation.
          • 2. Re: New install of Primavera P6 errors
            Thanks. I will check in that direction, i do remember when i exported the data out it was not that much but i will check

Do you also know if there is any real harm if the 'background jobs' are unable to run for a long period of time ?
            • 3. Re: New install of Primavera P6 errors - EprmDBSQLExecutionFailure
              MichaelSmithson
              In production (i.e. Not a new install), we have started getting something similar:

Exception : EprmDBSQLExecutionFailure

Type : EprmDBSQLExecutionFailure
              Event Code : PRMDB-1080-0
              Description :

PRM DBAccess Error: Database Server Error: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.REFRDEL'.'ndx_refrdel_table_pk' in database 'pmdb$primavera' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

As we are approaching the 4GB (4096MB) limit, we are deleting unwanted projects via MS SQL Server as follows:

1) Backup database 'pmdb$primavera'
              2)     Determine Project ID for Project X
                   i.e.     select proj_id from project where proj_short_name like '<Project X>';
              e.g. Gives the result 729
              3)     Delete Project X
                   i.e.     declare @pret_val int, @pret_msg varchar(1000)
                        exec project_delete 729, @pret_val output, @pret_msg output, 0
              Note: In Step 3, Line 2, 729 is the result of the query in Step 2

I'm unsure if the above helps...

With Best Regards,

Michael