Hi all, I'm trying to update my samba 3.5.10 to 3.6.5 due to security CVE issued with 3.5.
I downloaded and unzipped, did the make and make install and the ./configure.
I didn't use any changes to it and it said it installed correctly added it to my path and it looks like it's operating correctly.
This is my first install from source type install and I'm really really confused.
if I use smclient -L //server/servershare -U username it connects correctly to the domain, and shows all available shares, however; typing smbclient -V gives me 3.5.10.
If I goto the install path of where this new version was installed of /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient it gives me 3.6.5 but I receive the error of NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE.
I don't know honestly what I'm doing wrong, and after trying countless things I've realized a few things.