This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 8:53 AM by 660754 RSS

Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4

925723 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Folks,

Using Oracle Learning Management (OLM) version 12.1.3. I have successfully uploaded the content zip having previously replaced 5.xsd's with the Oracle specific ones. The content uploads without error as expected.

Tracking type is set to SCORM 1.2 in OLM (CMI is not a listed option in this version). I've also uploaded the SCORM adapter and validated that this is working correctly. I have also uploaded, launched and successfully played the Oracle SCORM test object to verify and all checks out ok.

I have an issue where content begins to launch in the OLM course player and then hangs indefinitely. Status bar get to about 25% and stops.
The content is published to LMS > SCORM 1.2 in Articulate presenter. This is not unique to one piece of content we have created using Articulate (I've tested 3 and they all behave the same).

I'm assuming that this points to the issues being content specific but I've not ruled-out that it may be some relating to JAVA or specific to the clients IT Infrastructure.

Any advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards
  • 1. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    scottymomo Journeyer
    Hey Luther, :)

What version of Articulate is being used and is it Presenter or Quizmaker?

Depending on Articulate version, an updater for Flash 10+ is available that might help:
    http://www.articulate.com/support/kb/002567.php

Also, I'd suggest enabling debugging in the SCORM adapter and see what the java console shows when the course is launched.

Scott
    http://www.seertechsolutions.com
  • 2. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    925723 Newbie
    Hey Scott, good to hear from you.

Ever the Guru I see, hope life is treating you well at Seertech.

Articulate is version 9 and it's Presenter, the clients pc's have Flash version 10,1,102,64 installed. On that basis do you reckon the Flash updater is worth a go?

Also not sure if it's relevant but on the Flash Player angle, the same content published in AICC in presenter plays fine.

This is the log from the JAVA Console;

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07
    Using JRE version 1.6.0_07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\155842

Oracle eLMS SCORM Applet 115.20
    Message logging enabled.
    LMS helper class: oracle.apps.ota.lms.LMSJava2Helper
    Message logging enabled.
    *** LMSInitialize("") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:39 GMT 2012]
    LMS_URL found in query string.
    LMS_URL set to: https://appstwdev9.oracleoutsourcing.com:443/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/ota/player/webui/PlayerLmsApiRN&addBreadCrumb=S&OALAF=oaText&scorm_attempt=1332157454357&transactionid=1968967268&oapc=7&oas=S1-zYadTlladKlDWMTuhHg..
    Applet codebase: http://ovd-na1-02.internal.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/contentstorage/adapter/Adapter/
    Request:
    action=GetAttemptState
    End of Request
    Reply:
    error=0
    initialized=false
    error_text=
    autoCommit=false
    finished=false
    End of Reply
    Request:
    action=Initialize
    End of Request
    Reply:
    error_text=
    error=0
    End of Reply
    Returned: "true"
    *** LMSGetValue("cmi.core.lesson_mode") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:41 GMT 2012]
    Request:
    action=GetParam
    End of Request
    Reply:
    error_text=
    cmi.core.lesson_status=incomplete
    cmi.core.total_time=06:36:06
    cmi.suspend_data=||undefined
    cmi.core.student_id=155842
    cmi.core.credit=no-credit
    cmi.core.student_name=Granger, Luther
    cmi.core.entry=resume
    error=0
    cmi.core.exit=
    cmi.core.session_time=00:00:00
    oracle.apps.ota.private.rebuildOutline=false
    cmi.core.lesson_mode=normal
    End of Reply
    Returned: "normal"
    *** LMSGetLastError() [Mon Mar 19 11:44:41 GMT 2012]
    Returned: "0"
    *** LMSGetValue("cmi.core.lesson_mode") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:41 GMT 2012]
    Returned: "normal"
    *** LMSGetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:41 GMT 2012]
    Returned: "incomplete"
    *** LMSSetValue("cmi.core.exit", "suspend") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:41 GMT 2012]
    *** LMSSetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status", "incomplete") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:42 GMT 2012]
    *** LMSGetValue("cmi.suspend_data") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:42 GMT 2012]
    Returned: "||undefined"
    *** LMSGetLastError() [Mon Mar 19 11:44:42 GMT 2012]
    *** LMSGetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:42 GMT 2012]
    Returned: "incomplete"
    *** LMSGetLastError() [Mon Mar 19 11:44:42 GMT 2012]
    *** LMSSetValue("cmi.suspend_data", "||undefined") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:47 GMT 2012]
    *** LMSSetValue("cmi.core.session_time", "0000:00:05.23") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:47 GMT 2012]
    *** LMSCommit("") [Mon Mar 19 11:44:47 GMT 2012]
    Request:
    cmi.core.exit=suspend
    action=PutParam
    cmi.core.session_time=0000%3A00%3A05.23
    End of Request
    Reply:
    error_text=
    error=0
    End of Reply

I appreciate you taking time out to reply.

Cheers
    Luther
  • 3. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    scottymomo Journeyer
    Hey Luther, so it does appear tracking is working just fine based on the java console log, however as you mention the content is freezing on load. I would suggest running that updater (it can't hurt) to see if it resolves the problem.

Hope all's well :)

Scott
  • 4. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    925723 Newbie
    Hi Scott,

I tried the articulate suggestion but no success. After further investigation I think this is a cross domain issue as I see the following message in IE

Line: 174
    Char: 2
    Code: 0
    URI: http://ovd-na1-02.internal.xxxx.com/contentstorage/270312BB/player.html

From what I understand this can possibly be resolved by uploading the latest apiwrapper file from adl. I have the apiwrapper file but Ariculate does not have this same file in the published content zip. It has some others which may well control the cmi calls but not clear which as none is a like-for-like match. Possible files include SCORMFunctions.js, API.js

If I can identify which file it is would removing and saving the apiwrapper.js file with the name of the articulate file be an option?

I also tried adding the apiwrapper file to the lms file in the content zip and added a reference to apiwrapper.js in the manifest file. Unfortunately this didn't work. do you think I'm heading in right direction here (the flash player will not load) or could it that IE security settings are too restrictive or perhaps a MIME type to allow Flash not on the content server?

Appreciate your advice.

Cheers
    Luther
  • 5. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    scottymomo Journeyer
    Sounds like you need to have the content open in a new window which should avoid the cross-domain issue you appear to be hitting. Should be able to select this on the learning object properties page.

Scott
  • 6. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    925723 Newbie
    Hi again Scott,

Thought I'd let you know that I've tried setting the properties on the Learning Object for 'open in a new window' and also the 'new window' checkbox in the Player Preferences section of the Offering details. Niether of which resolves.

I'm starting to think that perhaps this is now not a content issue but an IT one. Thought I'd ruled that out but time to re-visit me thinks!

Cheers
    Luther
  • 7. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    660754 Newbie
    Hi Scott,

We are having the same issue on our LMS. Can you tell me how to enable the debugging in the Scorm Adapter please. Thanks!

Marie
  • 8. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    scottymomo Journeyer
    In the Setup Tab within learning admnistration, go to manage the SCORM Adapters, edit the scorm adapter, check the box to enable logging and save.

Luther/Marie, if you want to load up a course to dropbox or something similar, I might be able to take a look at it/see if I can replicate it..

Scott
  • 9. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    660754 Newbie
    Scott,

Should I enable all of the following.

Show diagnostic messages

Log diagnostic messages

Use signed SCORM applet

Also, how and where can I check the logs.

Thanks!
    Marie
  • 10. Re: Articulate SCORM 1.2 content hangs when launched in Oracle OLM 12.1.3 RUP4
    660754 Newbie
    Scott,

I was able to play our SCORM 1.2 content on our LMS. Our issue now is its taking too long for the LMS to search for bookmarking.Currently, we are using our web server to house our content and I just access it through a URL.

We tried to move our content to be housed in skillsoft site and we notice that we have no issue on the bookmarking. Is there anything that we need to configure on our internal server to make bookmarking run faster.

Thanks!
    Marie

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points