Using Oracle Learning Management (OLM) version 12.1.3. I have successfully uploaded the content zip having previously replaced 5.xsd's with the Oracle specific ones. The content uploads without error as expected.
Tracking type is set to SCORM 1.2 in OLM (CMI is not a listed option in this version). I've also uploaded the SCORM adapter and validated that this is working correctly. I have also uploaded, launched and successfully played the Oracle SCORM test object to verify and all checks out ok.
I have an issue where content begins to launch in the OLM course player and then hangs indefinitely. Status bar get to about 25% and stops.
The content is published to LMS > SCORM 1.2 in Articulate presenter. This is not unique to one piece of content we have created using Articulate (I've tested 3 and they all behave the same).
I'm assuming that this points to the issues being content specific but I've not ruled-out that it may be some relating to JAVA or specific to the clients IT Infrastructure.
Any advice and guidance would be much appreciated.
Hey Luther, so it does appear tracking is working just fine based on the java console log, however as you mention the content is freezing on load. I would suggest running that updater (it can't hurt) to see if it resolves the problem.
From what I understand this can possibly be resolved by uploading the latest apiwrapper file from adl. I have the apiwrapper file but Ariculate does not have this same file in the published content zip. It has some others which may well control the cmi calls but not clear which as none is a like-for-like match. Possible files include SCORMFunctions.js, API.js
If I can identify which file it is would removing and saving the apiwrapper.js file with the name of the articulate file be an option?
I also tried adding the apiwrapper file to the lms file in the content zip and added a reference to apiwrapper.js in the manifest file. Unfortunately this didn't work. do you think I'm heading in right direction here (the flash player will not load) or could it that IE security settings are too restrictive or perhaps a MIME type to allow Flash not on the content server?
Thought I'd let you know that I've tried setting the properties on the Learning Object for 'open in a new window' and also the 'new window' checkbox in the Player Preferences section of the Offering details. Niether of which resolves.
I'm starting to think that perhaps this is now not a content issue but an IT one. Thought I'd ruled that out but time to re-visit me thinks!
I was able to play our SCORM 1.2 content on our LMS. Our issue now is its taking too long for the LMS to search for bookmarking.Currently, we are using our web server to house our content and I just access it through a URL.
We tried to move our content to be housed in skillsoft site and we notice that we have no issue on the bookmarking. Is there anything that we need to configure on our internal server to make bookmarking run faster.