4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 3:46 AM by 945090 RSS

Applet in web application freezes after update to 7u5

Hello,

I originally hijacked another forum thread that vaguely seemed similar (at least some of the words were the same as mine), but a kind forum moderator branched my post away and made it into its own forum inquiry. This way, I'm no longer ripping attention from the person that started that other thread.

So ...

We are running small applet in our web application. After latest update 7 u5 we experience similar problem. IE-9 just freezes running the applet while Firefox and Chrome work fine.When i downgrade the JRE version to previous one all browses (including IE-9) work fine.

Here is my console log:

Java Plug-in 10.5.0.05
      Using JRE version 1.7.0_05-b05 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
      User home directory = C:\Users\*******
      ----------------------------------------------------
      basic: Starting applet teardown
      basic: Finished applet teardown
      basic: Removed progress listener: sun.plugin.util.ProgressMonitorAdapter@dce12
      plugin2manager.parentwindowDispose

is it some interface change that was added in latest update ?

thanks,
      David
        • 1. Re: Applet in web application freezes after update to 7u5
          Rogerl-Oracle
          Hi David,

Which version did you downgrade to that allowed the application to run? Was is 6uX or a 7uX?

From the console output (thanks for including) I can not determine what is happening. There is an error seen with 7u5, where clearing the cache solves the problem. Based on the output, it is not likely related, but not harm in trying.... try clearing the cache which will trigger the jar to be downloaded again when the applet starts up the next time. There is a java.com page with the instructions, http://www.java.com/en/download/help/clearcache_upgrade.xml

[added]
          Is the applet somewhere we could access? If so, we can contact each other directly. .... the caching issue is unlikely... but worth a quick try.

-Roger
          • 2. Re: Applet in web application freezes after update to 7u5
            Dear Roger,

Thanks for fast reply.

I've already tried the cache-clean solution but without success.
            Each time i try to refresh the page in IE8/9 it freezes and i have to kill iexplorer.exe process.
            Other browsers works fine with the update.

When i have downgraded to version 6u33 it solved the problem.

Unfortunately our client is working with version 7u5 and is not willing to downgrade.

I have created and access to our test server in order to allow you to test this problem in live:

Please navigate to
            http://184.73.145.62/Shina/CloudWebServer/WebPatientBrowser/Login.aspx?domain=demoserver-2
            username: oracle
            password: oracle123!

After you are logged in please cancel 3Di Client installation request and just try to reload the page using F5 for example.

thanks in advanced
            David
            • 3. Re: Applet in web application freezes after update to 7u5
              Hello ,

Is it a known problem with version 7u5 ?

Can it be solved in our applet or do we have to wait for a solution from Oracle side ?

thanks again,
              David
              • 4. Re: Applet in web application freezes after update to 7u5
                Dear Roger,

Did you have a chance to review/check the applet we use ? maybe we can change the deployment on page or the applet itself in order to solve this IE freeze problem.

It is very important for our customers.

thanks,
                David