6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 2:27 PM by jsmith RSS

Cannot launch javafx demo

I have installed JavaFX 2.0 on my windows 7 with java SE 6 u32

I downloaded the JavaFX demos, but I can't launch them. I get an error that I haven't installed the JavaFX 2.0... But I just did. ??
        • 1. Re: Cannot launch javafx demo
          If you have installed the 64 bit version, try the 32 bit of the JavaFx Runtime, I had an issue like this and i sorted it by that.
          • 2. Re: Cannot launch javafx demo
            Thanks... installing 32 bit instead of 64 did the trick.
            • 3. Re: Cannot launch javafx demo
              I'm having the same issue on Mac OS X Lion, but with JDK7, where JavaFX2 is already bundled. And for Mac OS X, I don't find a 32bit version of the JDK or JavaFX Runtime, only 64bit.

java version "1.7.0_05"
              Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_05-b05)
              Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.1-b03, mixed mode)
              • 4. Re: Cannot launch javafx demo
                jsmith
                Mac OS X, I don't find a 32bit version of the JDK or JavaFX Runtime, only 64bit.
                The potential bit version mismatch issues are a Linux/Windows specific thing.
                The Oracle JDK for Mac OS X is only available as a 64 bit runtime.
                The browser software you are using on OS X should also be 64 bit, so there should be no conflict here and a 32 bit version of the JDK for Mac OS X is not necessary.
                • 5. Re: Cannot launch javafx demo
                  java version "1.7.0_05"
                  There is no java runtime 7u5 for Mac. Only JDK and JDK is not good for web deployment.

First version that will support web deployment on Mac is 7u6. Get Java Runtime from here - http://jdk7.java.net/download.html
                  • 6. Re: Cannot launch javafx demo
                    jsmith
                    There is no java runtime 7u5 for Mac. Only JDK and JDK is not good for web deployment.
                    Oh, thanks for clarifying Igor, I didn't notice before that the JavaFX 2.1 release notes state:
                    Mac OS X support - Applications must be packaged for the desktop, Web and Web Start applications are not yet supported.
                    http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/release_notes_2-1/jfxpub-release_notes_2-1.htm