This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2012 10:03 PM by 900092 RSS

Deploying webservice on Fusion middleware instance

900092 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Need help on Web services.. I have some package on our Oracle DB (Non Fusion middleware instance).. Requirement is I have to create a Webservices of a PL/SQL package and then deploy that on our Fusion middleware instance so that other applications can consume the webservice.

I tried in following way...
I created a generic Application with jDev using Webservices and Java technology selected. Then I created a DB connection in the application. Then I started creating PL/SQL Webservices on jDev and selected the package from the dropdown that I already created. Then I created the webservices... Then I deployed the entire Application (Application is having only WSDL and other Java Classes created by default) in the form of EAR format.
Now I am unable to access the webservice and it's operations.

Please let me know if I missed something or is there any other procedure.
Thanks a lot for your help/advice in advance.

Regards,
Sid
  • 1. Re: Deploying webservice on Fusion middleware instance
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi Sid
    1. Check if your .EAR file has a .WAR file for the WebServices. It should have a war file. And open war file like in winzip and under Web-Inf you should see a WSDL folder that should have .wsdl and .xsd files etc. Open this .wsdl and look at the URL. Try opening that URL in the browser.

If you EAR do not have WAR file. Select your application -> Right click properties -> Deployment and select your deployment profile and under Application Assembly make sure to check the box for your webservices project.

From Weblogic Admin Console, make sure your EAR is deployed successfully and there also you can expand it and see the WAR module under this. And you should be able to test your webservice wsdl from this war file from one of the tabs in weblogic console.

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga
  • 2. Re: Deploying webservice on Fusion middleware instance
    900092 Newbie
    Thanks a lot Ravi. Now I am able to access the custom Webservices I created.

Regards,
    Sid

Edited by: user10660234 on Jul 8, 2012 10:03 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points