This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Niraj,1 person found this helpful
There are two locations where the stop words can be updated, the first in Dev Studio, how you are making the change, and the second is in Workbench under Search Configuration. The change can be made in either location, but the app's ConfigManager needs to know which file to read from. Most likely your problem is that the application is configured to read from the Workbench's stopwords.xml not the Dev Studio. To check this open your AppConfig.xml <app>/config/script/AppConfig.xml
In that file find the ConfigManager brick:
<custom-component id="ConfigManager" host-id="ITLHost" class="com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.component.ConfigManagerComponent">
In that brink there should be a number of lines with the property name "webStudioMaintainedFile#":
<property name="webStudioMaintainedFile3" value="stop_words.xml" />
If there is a line the contains the stop_words.xml then you application is reading from the Workbench version, to fix this either make the change in Workbench, or remove the line in the AppConfig.
Thanks for the detailed answer. I checked the AppConfig.xml and I did not find entry for "stop_words.xml" in list of files maintained under webStudioMaintainedFile.
The steps I followed were simple.
1. Entered the words via developer studio.
2. Did a build of deployment template.
3. Ran a full baseline update.
4. I checked the stop_words.xml file that was generated the new words are listed there.
I am going to follow your step of adding it via workbench. Hope that fixes it. If you have nay more suggestions then kindly mention that as well :).
Thanks and Regards