This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 5:43 PM by 974331 RSS

OracleConnection.ConnectionString is invalid

947820 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear members,

am kindly asking for your urgent help to resolve the follwing problem.

I am follwing the following tutorial [Enabling a Web Site for Authentication|http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14072_01/appdev.112/e10767/using_aspnt.htm#BABJIHEI]

But i have a problem when i get to step 5 . "+Go to the Security tab and under Users, click Select authentication type+."

Am getting the following error message

+"There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.+

+The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: OracleConnection.ConnectionString is invalid"+

Your kind assistance will be highly appreciated .

Regards
Antony
  • 1. Re: OracleConnection.ConnectionString is invalid
    gdarling - oracle Expert
    What version are you using? If I recall correctly, an earlier version set connection string in the machine.config to empty string ("") which is not acceptable, so it was changed to set it to a space (" "). In that case though, it was causing issues just from being install, as opposed to being used though.

Since you're actually using the product, you need to set the connection string correctly, which you'd normally do in your web.config (rather than globally in the machine.config). Did you set it? What do you have it set to?

Greg

Edited by: gdarling on Jul 6, 2012 9:11 AM
  • 2. Re: OracleConnection.ConnectionString is invalid
    974331 Newbie
    I had the exact same problem.

I needed to add the connection string information in my web.config file. Since I was using the Oracle data provider I needed to add the following string in the connectionStrings section

<remove name="OraAspNetConString"/>
    <add name="OraAspNetConString" connectionString="User Id=USERID;password=password; Data Source=databasename "/>

Then, it worked fine.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points