We are experiencing the following error when trying to execute the FDM Batch Processing of files in our UAT environment. This error is not occuring in our DEV environment. I have seen this error before when the data file had been left open and FDM could not access the file, so it appears this error is usually due to file permissions. However, this time none of the files are open, and as far as we can see, FDM should have full access to the OpenBatch and Inbox folders etc.
Does anyone please have any suggestions, particularly on what account FDM will carry out the various tasks? Would it use a system account?
"Object variable or With block variable not set - 91"
I can confirm that there is definitely data present in our data files in this case.
Please note that this error only occurs when using the Batch Processing functionality of FDM Workbench (which requires files to be placed in the OpenBatch subfolder of the Inbox). I can load individual files fine when using the FDM Web Client.
As part of the first step of the batch load process, FDM Workbench moves files from the OpenBatch folder to a new folder which it creates in the Inbox\Batches directory. However, it is not even managing to do this, and gives the error below.
We have tried to share the OpenBatch folder, to allow specific users access to drop files into this folder. Consequently, I believe suggests a security problem on the OpenBatch folder itself (please see original post). I have been told privileges should be sufficient for FDM to make use of this folder too, however I suspect this is not the case at present.
In the meantime, please let me know if this could be due to other causes.
As an update, we have ensured that the service user account has full access to the FDMDATA folder and subfolders. However, one main difference in the problematic environment is that we have the FDMDATA folder located on a CIFS share location on a separate linux server. The investigation continues...
We have now found the apparent cause of the error. We have run ProcMon whilst running an FDM batch and from the results believe that the problem that we are experiencing is identical to this one on the Oracle forums:
As a final update, the issue was the way that the FDM folder directories were being shared on a separate NAS storage device. In the problematic environment, there are two FDM servers (for load balancing) and so the FDMDATA folder is hosted on this separate storage where additional file shares had been set up. The storage/filer shares have been set up in a "mixed" mode, to allow sharing between Linux and Windows OS's. There were previously conflicting permissions on these shares, and these were preventing FDM from being able to access and alter files.
It is also worth noting we experienced issues with shares within shares (the application folder was shared, and so was the OpenBatch folder within this, the latter of which also prevented FDM from being able to process files).